My new fancy rats and mice :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ICED, ok how about a few Tommy looking mice instead? :) I think Corey will kill me if i get any more males though lol

Temperament is always a good thing to breed for. :)

Whisper, the brown fuzzy mouse is an agouti longcoat rex :p

Mysnakesau, that's no good :( Sorry to hear! The mice are stunners! I think the dark one is a chocolate siamese? I'm not entirely sure though haha it could also be a burmese but i think they have black eyes.. Love the brindles! I've finally got some more recently so am hoping to breed some blue brindle, choc brindle and snow tigers soon! :D I could have helped you out with some male mice if you were coming a little closer than Port Macquarie!

Beat me to it...yep he's plain old wild type agouti. Surprisingly popular with the pet homes! -
I'll be placing those in a program aimed at producing blacks. It's unfortunate most of my studs for that line are still agouti LOL.

Lonewolf
If you don't want a male that's OK, don't feel obliged to take a buck, if I get a female version, she's yours :) . Your still welcome to a male if you really really want one.

Mysnakesau
That dark one has to be burmese. It's way to dark for siamese.
The other ones looks like a chocolate siamese from the photo. It could be regular siamese but a paler example.

Nice brindles!

Hmm, i could possibly sneak a boy in.. But i guess i'll just have to wait and see what you have available :D Yay!

Yeah that's what I thought too.

I ended up with a lot of bucks but started rehoming them with local kids to help manage my numbers a bit better.
I had a black and white bi-colour ( sorry...."marked" ) boy and ended up keeping him because I liked him too much. I couldn't let that happen too many times, it gets a bit much cleaning out too many bachelor pads.
I keep all my boys seperate so they don't damage each other for show or get infected wounds. Also good for disease control and prevention. Get's a bit messy when I collect too many.

I'll let you know when I have a Tommy looking litter....but even better than Tommy!!! - you can pick when I know what I've got for you :) .

Love love LOVE the blue hooded! And the blaze!!

I have some black headspot hooded males as my studs, then boring old cream hoodeds (champagne or whatever its techincally called?) ladies for them to make babies with.

You might get some interesting babies (Blazed and BEW most likely) if you cross your headspot boys to some of the headspot baby girls. :D

Champagne is a really nice colour, i just hate that they always look evil in photos lol

Just went to check what babies i had in the boxes, these are the first litters from these boys and girls so i was excited to find i had approx 50% of the bubs with decent head spots, some black, brown and creams in there (all hooded) but all the headspots were black hoodeds. Also, one of the headspots has no marking below the shoulders, she's very cute!

That would make her a bareback :)

I'm betting your boy carries the BEW gene then :)

awww they are beautiful thanks for sharing with us
so cool

Not tyring to steal your thunder but i thught id share som fotos of my girls as well :)
this is my favourite photo in the world :)
ringneck is Krystal
silk albino is Hayze(rip)
missmarked mink hooded is peper

Black berkshire silk (whats the term for the white flicks through the fur?) Rain

Hope missmarked agouti hooded rex (possible patchwork) and Popcorn agouti hooded AKA terror twins

Bella aka the furry turd "silk" hooded (this is an old photo her fur has thickened up now)

And another one of peper justfor good measure :p

oops posted the wrong one this is my favourite photo in the world

Awesome :D Thanks for sharing. They're very cute :)

But, i think you've got your colours wrong? Pepper looks cinnamon to me? And Hope looks like a standard coat to me.. Unless she's a normal rex with a slightly frizzy coat?

Rain would be a silvered black berkshire :) We don't get true blacks in Aus. So all the black rats here are silvered black :)

I originaly thought conamon too but her coat has darkened more and more with age and there seem to be about three thousand different people with different opinions on what defines cinamon and mink... Hope is everchanging some days she looks super curly others normal shes certainly not a double rex but im wondering if she has the patchwork gene as she's had these patches of harlessness apear (started when she was about 6 months) and shes been to the vet and had skin scrapings the skin doesent look sore or inflames and shes been treated for mites as a precaution and most importantly everyone else is fine! and there all alowed to spend time together on a daily basis so youd think if it was a parasite they would all have it...

It's impossible for Hope to be patchwork. Patchwork comes only from double rex rats. Pepper can't be mink because she is ticked. Which means she's either agouti or cinnamon. :) Hope this helps.

yer ive taken her to another vet for more tests this vet thinks shes alergic to something in her cage so now its trial and error :( somehow all the special ones seem to find me lol

New spotty rat. When i bought her, she only had two tiny smudges on her.. They seem to keep popping up out of nowhere lol sorry the pics aren't the greatest

IMG_6039.jpg

IMG_6045.jpg

IMG_6046.jpg

IMG_6051.jpg

nawww im super jealous!!!
I just picked up a new boy lastnight :) he is a patchwork rex

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back