My new green tree frog, sooo cool !!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fine_jungles

Reaction score
just thought id show you guys my new (Massive) green tree frog , sooooo cool :D, iv named it grandpa cause he looks really old and wise :),dose anybody know how to tell the sex of them,
any way here's a pic, feel free to post a pic of yours

Attachments

• frog.jpg
    frog.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 76
Can you get a clearer picture of the throat?

If he calls it is a male, females can cry out in distress but not call. Sometimes you can see a darker baggier throat from calling.
Males can get 'nuptial pads" rough spots on there thumbs to hold on to the female.

It can be hard to sex them, especially at this time of year. The best way to find out is in breeding season - The males will call and develop nuptual pads between their fingers. I've also been told that the males tend to be more yellow under their chins and chests.

i know you guys keep them but it makes me laugh cause i got green tree frogs every where at my place if i wanna see one its only a matter of poking my head out the door.........

hi, i have just got some greenies and am after a suplier of live food for them, can you help. i lin=ve in the scrub and theres no pet store near me, so have to order online?. He's a beauty!!!! thanks lilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back