My new pup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We called our Silky terrier Bundy (thinking it was an Australian silky terrier, idiots -_-). So an American-ish name would be cool, something like Mustard, Iron (Grid Iron), Base, Stars, stripes, Banner (star spangled banner),

We called our Silky terrier Bundy (thinking it was an Australian silky terrier, idiots -_-). So an American-ish name would be cool, something like Mustard, Iron (Grid Iron), Base, Stars, stripes, Banner (star spangled banner),

lol bundy the silky terrier i like it

Brocky 005.jpg
Not blue, but this is my boy, Brocky. He is 5 now, but still a big baby!

Oh & he is GORGEOUS Aussie.......there you go, name him Aussie! If he were mine......i would have named him Romeo :p Cause those eyes just melted my heart!

Last edited:
Here is my girl. She is just over 2 and she weighs 36kg
79d9d7ea-7f49-243a.jpg
with not a ounce of fat in her.

I was told (in regards to the naming) that a dogs name should end in a vowel. Because of their frequency range is far higher than our own (over twice as far in fact). And vowels sit between (approx) 250 and 500hz - the lower end of the frequency spectrum.

Think of how their mum tells them off...? A deep dark growl!

So a puppy is more likely to hear its name if it ends in a vowel.

Terror - unfortunately, ends in a consonant - though 'r' is on the lower side of the consonants, but still not as good as an 'i' which requires the least loudness for the same appeal :)

My dogs name is Piri... Yep... I named him because of this physics concept :)

Can't tell you if that worked or not, I'd have needed to test this on another animal... Theory only... ;)

Love ya staffie... And... I am not a staffie fan (by any means)...

Incidentally... Piri has been taken by my dog, so I suggest Chilli - same effect and an AWESOME name!!!

My dog was given the name 'Patches' by the breeder to identify him. But I didn't like the name, ending in an S is a terrible thing for a dog... So... I called him Chilli Piri Piri Patches Stinkpooh Davis.

The chilli part was to stop people confusing him with Piri Weepu a rugby player from NZ and that he was in fact named after a chilli.

I named my little girl staffie Kiawa, like the Kiawa choppers.. Love the army names, my old bird was Raemie till she f'd off lol (that is - flied off for anyone thinking otherwise!)

I named my little girl staffie Kiawa, like the Kiawa choppers.. Love the army names, my old bird was Raemie till she f'd off lol (that is - flied off for anyone thinking otherwise!)

I was thinking flew'd off - but then I realise there's no such word.. So flied it is (hahahahahahahaha... god... why do I bother???)

Picked this little cheeky terror up yesterday, his a 5month old blue American staffy I'm naming him terror unless anyone has any decent names.. sorry about the quality of photo taken on phone hope this works, first time posting a picture.. Cheers

His a nice looking dog mate. Should grow up into a very good looking dog.
Well done.

This is Mason my English Staffy - now aged 7.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 45
I was told (in regards to the naming) that a dogs name should end in a vowel. Because of their frequency range is far higher than our own (over twice as far in fact). And vowels sit between (approx) 250 and 500hz - the lower end of the frequency spectrum.

Terror - unfortunately, ends in a consonant - though 'r' is on the lower side of the consonants, but still not as good as an 'i' which requires the least loudness for the same appeal :)

Can't tell you if that worked or not, I'd have needed to test this on another animal... Theory only... ;)

Incidentally... Piri has been taken by my dog, so I suggest Chilli - same effect and an AWESOME name!!!

My dog was given the name 'Patches' by the breeder to identify him. But I didn't like the name, ending in an S is a terrible thing for a dog... So... I called him Chilli Piri Piri Patches Stinkpooh Davis.

The chilli part was to stop people confusing him with Piri Weepu a rugby player from NZ and that he was in fact named after a chilli.

Have you had too much caffeine by any chance? Or one too many beers...... lol

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!! i love american staffys i dont know why people bother with english!

My mutt is called diesel but i contemplated harley and axle haha. Zeus.. tooko (two-koh) .. boof.. tank.. pig dog names haha

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!! i love american staffys i dont know why people bother with english!

Maybe cause everyone has different opinions! ;) It is a bit like, some people like rotties, while others prefer dobermans......it is all a personal choice! ANY dog, ANY breed, can be an awesome pet!

I like the names "What" or "Guess" , just to mess with peoples heads when they ask what his name is. But my all time favorite dog name is APE ............... acronym for Annoying People Eater. The looks on faces is priceless.

His a nice looking dog mate. Should grow up into a very good looking dog.
Well done.

This is Mason my English Staffy - now aged 7.

cheers mate, love the white chest and the socks on him i was going to get a black an white American but the blue eyes on the blues had me sold.

Nice dogs, love the brindle on Zalia.
Angel looks like it's got a bit of pittbull in her love. ( guessing it's a girl)

Have you had too much caffeine by any chance? Or one too many beers...... lol

hahaha was thinkin the same thing

lovely pup mate

Cheers mate

your comments to long to reply to mate, but cheers for the heads up.. Chilli Piri Piri Patches Stinkpooh Davis nice name hahaha i like it.

My mutt is called diesel but i contemplated harley and axle haha. Zeus.. tooko (two-koh) .. boof.. tank.. pig dog names haha

haha diesel i like it. Whats your beef with english staffys? my first ever family dog was an english he's name was nugget. I'm liking tank or boof, i would go Harley but that's my brothers name lol

Unreal mate.. great dog

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

cheers mate

My mate Chewy (Chewbacca).
Jatese - Maltese X Japanese Chin
Doesn't think he's a dog...
View attachment 234082

haha I'm guessing his names chewy cause he likes to have a bit of a chew?
My gf has a pomeranian thinks it's a guard dog little ankle biter.
what do you think it thinks it is.. haha

I like the names "What" or "Guess" , just to mess with peoples heads when they ask what his name is. But my all time favorite dog name is APE ............... acronym for Annoying People Eater. The looks on faces is priceless.

quality, i like your style.

Last edited:
im just not a fan of the english ones. there is only one english ive ever liked. his name is ash. he goes to the same dog park as me and all he cares about is his ball and he breathes like a pug. owners paid nearly $2000 for him haha he is a beautiful dog. better looking than any other english ive seen.
these are my babies. the black one is my dane mastiff x called diesel.. hes like 10 months in this pictures. the cattle dog is called abbie, shes 11 and aged very bad when i bought diesel home haha. diesel is a massive sook and abbie is a great guard dog. i love cattle dogs, would probably get one as my next dog, dont really want a big dog again..View attachment 234434

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back