My very first egg!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guff_man

Reaction score
Hey guys, pretty excited today my geckos laid the first egg. Im very new to this so thought i would post it up even though its not very exciting for most.
The pair are shark bay occies. For some reason she only laid one egg, but hopefully next time there will be two.
Ive got a hovabator incubator and its in a SIM tub with just water as a medium. Going to give this a try first up and see what happens, hoping all will be sweet.

Any suggestions feel free to post.
Cheers
Geoff

Egg.jpg

wait to you see it hatch its one of the best things out

nice.. iv heard sometimes they can lay eggs afew days apart from each other so keep your eyes open for another week id say

top job mate bet your one happy man about now haha
keep us posted how it goes :D

Congratulations!

First clutch for the season is quite often infertile though :(

Flashy incubator setup you have though! Im sure you will be getting many more clutches!

Oh really? That sucks. Was hoping all would go to plan. What happens to the eggs if they are infertile?

If they are infertile they will usually collapse in a few days or go mouldy. Get a very small LED torch and just hold it on the side of the egg, if it is fertile you should be able to see a couple of very small veins on the inside lining of the egg.

Well, got a surprise this evening, went to feed them and she had laid another egg :) pretty stoked

Wow.... thats a long time between eggs!!!

How is the other one looking? fertile?

Fingers crossed for 2 good eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back