My water dragon died today

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stretch

Reaction score
My water dragon drowned himself...
I saw him sitting funny near his little pool....and went to move him when he darted off....less than an hour later I found him dead in the pool...

somebody said the same thing a while back, even went to bury the water dragon...and it just hoped up quite perky and very much alive....

so poke away for a while before ya do anythin else

Yer I just read that thread...he is looking pretty dead though......thre is no breathing...but I will just wait til tonight before I dispose of him :(

ah ok, i sincerely hope he is still alive stretch, but if it turns out he has passed on i`m sorry,

:( i hope mine doesnt die thats so sad was it eating alright i think mine is overeating its a hatchie and ate like 3 adult woodies tonight and 2 thismorning

:-(

Damn! That's tough! REALLY sorry, Sue. :cry:

So sorry to hear that Stretch :( I hope that he isn't really dead just pretending, seems like this is something they are prone to do at times. Keep him warm and keep us informed hon.

yes im so sorry to hear about your water dragon i do really hope he is just pretending and everything will go back to normal.... :cry:

Hey,
Drowning i find to be a hard one to swollow.
As waterdragons can hold there breath for up to 2 hours!

from the day they hatch they hit the water and sink to the bottom as i breed 60 last year.

i am trying to help could you give a few details of the set up/enclosure as we might be able to find something else relating to the death.

As mentioned these little fellows also play dead.
I have had them sitting on logs then roll of playing dead i have picke them up walk from 1 end of the house to the other to show my wife when i hold it out to show her it jumps up and runs away.

if kept indoors need UV nad heating, water should be enough so that they can submerge there whole body and swimm if need be.

Any more info would help.

Darin

Sorry to hear about the dragon stretch the same thing happened to me a while back only he came back to life.
Did he die during the day or night? the reason I ask this is because it could be because if it was night the air temp could have been so cold that he went to his pool as a source of warmth?? perhaps? I'm just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back