Name that Skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeLovePythons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
In all the years we have been keeping herps we have never really ever had any Scaley friends with legs so when it comes to lizards and skinks I am fairly ignorant which is why I hope someone can tell me the species of tskink this is? I was clearing some wood in my back yard and when I lifted a plank of wood I found a colony of these little fellas. At first I thought they were the normal large skinks that I see hanging around but on closer inspection these ones all have really rough scales. In case anyone is wondering I am only holding this fella long enough to find out what it is then it will go back to it's mates

Attachments

• Skink 1.jpg
    Skink 1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Skink 2.jpg
    Skink 2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 66
  • Skink 3.jpg
    Skink 3.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 51
looks like a Tree skink, Egernia striolata Where was it found?

Last edited:
I have a massive pile of old fence pailings sitting in my back yard and I was moving some when I found a colonyof them

I have been looking at heaps of skink pics but none seem to have the rough scales like this one. They were all about 6 inches long with the exception of a couple

I am thinking I will attend to agree at this stage. It looks very much like a Egernia striolata. Its the only one I can find that has the same pattern and rough scale

Id go with E striolata, similar looking animals to E napoleonis we get here in the West.

I just found a web site on it and it fits the description perfectly also saying that they are sometimes found living together in large numbers and its habitat range is east coast from QLD down to VIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back