Need help please - AAE Qantas info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venomous_RBB

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking to freight my two jungles interstate - I am in NSW, buyer is in SA
What "crate" will I need and where can I get one before next wednesday?
I am trying to find the regulations and trying to find what I need and where I can get it so it meets regulations but all I keep getting is that snake on a plane info (the one where the snake is on the wing of a qantas plane).
Yes I know about the import/export etc etc. So please dont lecture me on that.
I know I need holes in the crate and I know I need the snakes in a sack (pillow case) noosed up.
Cheers :)

Someone posted a picture of the crate they make to post reptiles the other day. Plywood box with foam inside to hold the clickclack that the python was in.

Rick

I use plastic esky's. The snake in a bag in the esky for adults and if they are juveniles I put them in a sock then in a chinese takeaway container then in the esky. Lots of newspaper for padding and insulation. Drill ventilation holes in the sides. I screw the lid down then put some packing tape around it as well. I have been using this for years and never had AAE refuse it or a problem with the snakes. Look for a cheap esky from the reject shops.

On the old AaE site there was instructions on how to pack reptiles but of course Qantas got rid of that to make our lives easier. :rolleyes:

Large reptiles have to be packed in a rigid box such as a wooden one. Yommy recently posted what he sent his snakes.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/freight-help-204435/

When I sent mine up to Cairns I used a solid plastic tub, one of those ones you can use as a tool box, with two smaller tubs inside to house each of my snakes, and stacks of shredded paper.

I use the cheapest I can find. The reject type shops usually have the 6 litre size, which are fine for hatchlings, for around $8 - $10 and sometimes as low as $5 but if you can't get them you have to pay around $20 or more for any of the branded models through places like Big W or Bunnings. At this time of year you may find it difficult to get the cheap ones as they usually only carry them in Summer. Bunnings, Target and Big W should have them all year round.

Awesome thanks, also they are 2yr old however only 4ft in length.
So put them in a bag, then in an esky and then in a wooden crate?
Obviously with airholes. :)

No I don't put them in a wooden crate, just the bag then the esky. AAE have never had a problem with that in the past

No I don't put them in a wooden crate, just the bag then the esky. AAE have never had a problem with that in the past

Oh okay, awesome :)
I know this sounds weird but you dont happen to have any pics of what your esky looked like? Just so I can gage the size I need and how many holes.

Just want to keep it in code and let the poor guys breathe, lol.

Oh okay, awesome :)
I know this sounds weird but you dont happen to have any pics of what your esky looked like? Just so I can gage the size I need and how many holes.

Just want to keep it in code and let the poor guys breathe, lol.

No I don't have a picture sorry. I usually put around two dozen 6mm holes around the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back