Need Rodent Supplier in Liverpool Area

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptileKev81

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I am looking for another supplier for rats in the Liverpool area.
I know of extreme pets. Last week the charged about $9.00 for a young adult rat. Looking in the sales threads it seems expensive.
I also only wanted 1 as there is no freezer avail (mum won't let me put rats in our freezer lol. Fair enuff) At EP they didn't seem happy to split a pack and said that would be the only time they would do so.
Until I get my own freezer next year it leaves me in a dillema.

Any suggestions where I could score rats a bit cheaper in the Liverpool area? I don't wanna buy a whole pack to feed just 1 and throw the others away.

Cheers
Kevin

Doesn't have to be in the immediate area. I willing to drive a bit as long as it isn't 2 far. Maybe 25mins drive each way would be ok.

cook up a stew, put ingredients that no one else will eat, wait for it to cool then bury some rats in it and freeze. when it comes time to feed, cut out a chunk, thaw it and give it a good rinse and voila!
Nobody would be any the wiser.
BTW, why did your mum let you get a snake if she won' let you buy food for it...?

Magick, pet shops have rent, wages etc to pay....of course they have to charge more.
Why would you have to throw the rest away if they are frozen?

To drive 25 minutes each way has to cost $10 so just do a deal with extreme pets and you'll be way ahead! You could buy a car freezer from Dick Smiths of about $69 and leave them in your car.

Last edited by a moderator:
To drive 25 minutes each way has to cost $10 so just do a deal with extreeme pets and you'll be way ahead! You could buy a car freezer from Dick Smiths of abou $69 and leave them in your car.

:lol::lol::lol:

cook up a stew, put ingredients that no one else will eat, wait for it to cool then bury some rats in it and freeze. when it comes time to feed, cut out a chunk, thaw it and give it a good rinse and voila!
Nobody would be any the wiser.
BTW, why did your mum let you get a snake if she won' let you buy food for it...?
Its not that she wont let me buy its food, she just doesnt like the idea of having it in the same freezer as the food for our family. I don't know how hygenic or unhygenic it is, but I can see where she's coming from. I might add that she is also terrfied of mice and rats. Thanks for the tip, but I'll probably go a different way. Me and mum have a good relationship and I really don't wanna be dishonest with her, hiding them in her freezer after she has asked me not to.

Magick, pet shops have rent, wages etc to pay....of course they have to charge more.
Why would you have to throw the rest away if they are frozen?
I don't have a freezer to put them in at the moment. I understand that they have overheads to pay, but comparing to some ads in the for sale threads, they are charging double.
To drive 25 minutes each way has to cost $10 so just do a deal with extreme pets and you'll be way ahead! You could buy a car freezer from Dick Smiths of about $69 and leave them in your car.

I have already got a fridge and freezer which I left with my ex-gf and old house-mates. I told them they could continue using it after I moved out.
Now that I need it, I have told them and they asked me to wait till they get their own.
So I'll have a freezer to use in about 2-3 weeks. Once that happens and I can buy in bulk, I still don't wanna pay $9 a rat. So I'm willing to drive a bit further and get a whole bunch for a lower price. Even with the travel it will still end up costing me less.
And I didnt like the way I was told they are unable to split a pack. The previous week a differnt worker told me it was no problem to split em.
And some of the staff can be a lilbit rude :(

I don't know about the Liverpool area but I've started buying from "Rat Barn".
Look in the For Sale section for an ad by Jungles. They might be able to get them out your way.
I doubt they'd sell individually, but something to consider when you get your freezer (I use a spare fridge/freezer in the laundry dedicated to beer, bait, & rodents).

If you'll have a freezer in 2 or 3 weeks & can't get an individual rat until then, it's no big deal, your MD can quite happily wait a for quite while til it's next feed with no ill effects. Have you got a neigbour or mate who'll let you use a freezer for a couple of weeks?

Tonksy: It looks like they're the only option in those threads for me. And it only says Sydney, so im hoping they're not too far from me. I saw their ad This morning and sent em an email. Just waiting for a reply. I'm assuming from your post that they deliver? If so that would be good. Their prices are much better :)
would still like to know of other suppliers who service my area though.

Tonksy: It looks like they're the only option in those threads for me. And it only says Sydney, so im hoping they're not too far from me. I saw their ad This morning and sent em an email. Just waiting for a reply. I'm assuming from your post that they deliver? If so that would be good. Their prices are much better :)
would still like to know of other suppliers who service my area though.

Yeah, I was struggling to find a Sydney supplier (most seem to be the Gong, or Central Coast, Newcastle etc) then these guys were recommended to me. I've only bought off them once so far (bought a stack to last a while) but will buy from them again, so much cheaper than commercially sold rats & just as good quality. Don't know about delivery, I was in a position where I could pick up 'cause they were close to where I work.

have you try petcare2000 in wetherill park ? give em a call and see if they will split a pack.

If the rats are sealed properly then hygeine shouldn't be a problem? I have a side by side fridge/freezer, and I keep my mice in the same freezer as the rest of our food, just in the side shelf down the bottom so if somone opens it they don't see a pack of dead mice staring at them :)

Why don't you just ask your Mum if you can have a designated area for your mice :D

I have decided to try selling a few direct to breeders so get a few mates together and buy some bulk delivered to your door.

Try western pet foods on hoxton park road,they are a little bit cheaper and you should be able to buy single rats.They are in the industrial complex where sydney speed supplies are if you know where tht is.

Try western pet foods on hoxton park road,they are a little bit cheaper and you should be able to buy single rats.They are in the industrial complex where sydney speed supplies are if you know where tht is.

OMG how did I forget them? My best mate worked there for 5 years before he moved back to QLD, lol
Thanks for the tip :D

Hi,

I'am a regular custom of Extreme Pets and i have gone in penty of times and asked if they could only give me one rat and they have done so. They are great extreme pets have giving me great advise about my pet snake. All staff at Extreme Pets always welcome you with a :D. I have recommended alot of people to go to extreme pets. I wouldn't go any where else.

Hi,

I'am a regular custom of Extreme Pets and i have gone in penty of times and asked if they could only give me one rat and they have done so. They are great extreme pets have giving me great advise about my pet snake. All staff at Extreme Pets always welcome you with a :D. I have recommended alot of people to go to extreme pets. I wouldn't go any where else.
most of the ppl there are pretty good, but pay no attention the the young boy, he talks **** he doesn't know enough about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back