need some reliable timers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishead

Reaction score
Howdy, I don't know about you guys but I seem to go through a faeces load of timers! I think I've tried about every brand out there and the best I get out of them is maybe a year before they start to stick or crap themselves. I have about six controlling different banks and was just wondering if anyone knows of a top secret one out there that is actually longterm bulletproof?

Yeah i hear you fisho, i just go with the Alerc ones with all the pins (no fancy stuff) on average i find they last the longest, and at under $10 i dont care about replacing them.

As for any top secret, cant help you there bro. :lol:

Cheers

Donk

Yeah Ive had those alerc pin ones for years no probs.

i have got my sparky mates to get the hardwired industrial ones, i will ask them more about them and post the info later.

Grasslin Micro timers are excellent and also the legrand digitals. Small units and will handle up to 10 or 16 amps, any more than this and you need to wire them to a contactor and put the load through that. There are really heavy duty ones used in refrigeration coolroom freezers for the defrost cycle but these are really expensive units and not worth it for this sort of application.

ive been useing the HPM digital timers from bunnings, they do only last about a year but there simple and cheap. from memory last time i bought one it costed me around $15

Yeh I use the HPM timers from bunnings they were on special for $7.95 for to and they lasted me 18 months.... I was told the key to a long life out them was to keep them as dust free as possible... cheers

I've been using the Arlec ones for years and never had a problem..

Touche Phil!! Isn't that why we are here? (Just me and Phil I mean folks)

hay Breds, we can't get any and we are here.............. Now, If I could then....maybe...... I would be somewhere else..... :D :D

Just because you can't get any from your wife doesn't mean you can't get any :twisted: 8) :lol:

I love you Breds!!!!! (Oops, that will probably get me in even more poo than I am already in)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back