Nelly update

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greebo

Snakologist
Reaction score
Nelly is slowly coming good. She developed a bacterial infection in her mouth and I have been injecting her with antibiotics on a daily basis. The swelling had gone down enough today to force feed her a mouse. She seems to have kept it down and it is good to finally have something in her stomach.A mouse is not much though for a 7ft snake but hopefully she is on the road to recovery.
There has been no recurrence of the prolapse which has got me optimistic now. A month ago, I thought she was a goner.

Glad to hear she is doing well. Hope she is woofing down rats again before too long.

It wasnt all good.
I bought a baby sulphur crested cockatoo about a month ago. He was almost talking and very friendly but unfortunately he got that Beak and Feather disease and I had to get him euthanised today.
Poor little guy.

That is great news about Nelly, Greebs, fingers still crossed for a speedy full recovery.

Sad too hear mate,but what did she have and what are you using to rectify this problem and what are the regularities of the medications??? Good luck buddy, I have had a couple of snakes I was ready to put in the freezer last year but all but one out of probably 6 I thought were goners are now eating me out of rat and home!!!! :twisted:

sorry to hear about that sad news, at least she is recoveringand starting to eat again.
One more thing Good Luck

Or to put it another way Adam, the world fell out of her bottom!
Not having a shot at you here Greebs or making light of the problem, it's just that my pathetic personality wouldn't let me let an opening like that pass me by :)

Thanks everyone.
I hope none of you ever experience it yourself.

.....um...I mean one of your snakes...well actually both now I think about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back