New Addition- Sandies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjb.2010

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i picked up my 2 beautiful juvy sandies yesterday, bought from sonia dewney (highly recommend) and just thought id show my new joy to everyone with some pictures. they had just finished their feed :) also any comments about the enclosure is more than appreciated. feel free to hijack this thread and post pics of your sandies aswell :DP8130077.jpgP8130078.jpgP8130080.jpg

very nice mate and i love the roof tile idea for a hide ill be using that in the future

Oh, he is so small and cute, i dont like the look of those tiles, if they move he is one crushed little sandy

Got my little sandie this morning. He is very, very good at hiding!

l to don't like the look of those tiles either, Sand Monitor's would much prefer to dig their own burrows so make sure the sand is 3 inches deep and well compacted, so they can dig a burrow that won't cage in on them as they get bigger in size you will need a bigger enclosure to house them with a sand pit that is 12 to 24 inches deep, they must be provided with heating from below the enclosure at one end the reason why is because they live on the ground not in trees, so they gain alot of their heat from the ground once the sun warms it up to a temperature they enjoy sun basking on.

Hope this information gives you some good advise on keeping your 2 awesome juvenile Sand Monitors, and hope they in the future breed for you good luck.

Throw them out, that is what i would do, roof tiles such as that break very easily,and they are big and bulky, meaning you have to move them alot to clean etc.
No point in trying bolts, no more nails if anything but this would just increase their size and mass

the tiles are concretated together and almost un breakable, if i didnt trust them i wouldnt have them in there but thanks for your concern :)

No need to have a cage on your light either, I reckon.

I would love to go to bigger monitors but I don't have the room or money.. very jealous.

Sonia's line of Sandies are quite small PhilK, the parents that these came from are only about 40cm SVL. They are Roxby downs Locale and have originated from Matt Bonnett, so are excellent quality also ;)

blakehose did you really need to tell me that? My bank account does not thank you..

Sorry mate :) YOU will be thanking me when you have a ripper little Sandie belting around a brand new enclosure! I will get you a couple of close up pictures of mine when I can, it has cracking colour on it, completely pristine animal.

I'm sure I will be.. how much do they go for mate? Does she have many available in a season? Looking forward to a pic!

Sonia's line of Sandies are quite small PhilK, the parents that these came from are only about 40cm SVL. They are Roxby downs Locale and have originated from Matt Bonnett, so are excellent quality also ;)

Are you talking about Flavirufus or Gouldii Gouldii?
Sand Monitors are sweet i have my one, had him for a year. Great reptiles to keep.

I'm sure I will be.. how much do they go for mate? Does she have many available in a season? Looking forward to a pic!

They go for $450 mate, she has had a fair few this season, but from what I hear they are running out... Definetly worth the money. Here is a picture of my little fella this morning at breakfast :D The pictures are horrendous, but you can see a bit of the colouring in the second shot. I just don't want to disturb him too much. PM me if you want to know more PhilK.

Goey the goanna 002.jpgEdited.jpgedited 2.jpg
Blake.

Beuatiful.. one day, but at the moment I have no money to my name so I am safe from herp purchases for a while!

blake his beatiful mate, yeah she said to me that orders are already taken on the clutch that mine are from so i dont think shes got alot left. i think they have the biggest personality out of all the monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back