New Beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike83

Reaction score
Hi just thought id share some pics with you of my new beardie I got yesterday from Rick Walker. He is abit bigger then my pygmy bearded dragon hahah .

Anybody know how long it takes for them to settle down in there new homes ? And to eat didn't want any crickets just jet. I'm not handling him much just yet want him to settle in first I went to give him a pat when he was on the tree and he opened his mouth a little so I backed off maybe he is still abit scared in the new enclosure.

When there beard goes black does that mean they are angry or do they just get black beards at times ? It was all black just a tiny bit black.

Sorry for all the stupid questions :oops:

Hope you like the pics.

RickWalkerbeardie.jpg

Picture090.jpg

i believe a black beard means he's showing dominance.

It will take a few days to settle down just give it time, keep offering food but.

As far as the black beard and open mouth, yes it is a defence action and if pushed to much may strike at you. Give it some time and and it will become settled.

Worst case if it doesn't settle after a week or so to be handled then you may need to risk the attack.

I had a female that just refused to be handled even after 6 months, so persistent handling has eventually paid off and now she loves the attention.

Thank you for the replies yeah I'm hoping after afew days he will calm down allot I think he will Rick told me hes a good handler so probably just needs time to settle in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back