New Bredli owner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil_Wren

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well I'm soon to be the proud owner of a male Bredli hatchling :D

I'm new to the reptile game and originaly from NZ so all the more excited about getting involved in this fascinating hobby as we dont have snakes over there....I guess you all know that..lol

I'm a guy living in Sydney and looking forward to picking up lots of tips and advice along the way from the people on here, and of course sharing some of my experiences as well. I'm pretty good at researching and 'using the search function' but expect a few stupid questions, actually better make that LOTS of stupid questions!

I pick up my Bredli on Sunday. Not quite sure what I should be setting up for immediate housing at this stage as he's only a little guy but I know he's gonna get big, so want to do right by him without spending loads of cash on a permanent enclosure until he's grown a bit.

It was suggested that I get a heat cord rather than a mat as its more versatile and I'll be having a chat to the guys down at Extreme Pets in Liverpool on Saturday, but any start up advice would be great. eg type of enclosure, lighting, heating, thermometer, initial handling etc

Cheers

Last edited:
For a hatchy Bredl you will be looking at a click-clack style container. Be carefull not to go for the ones sold at places like pet barn and kellyville pets with a plastic mesh lid as all the heat from the heat-cord/mat will be lost straight out the top.

Also be aware that when you tangle a heat cord to fit under a small enclosure you will get some intense hot spots, best to provide insulation between the cord and the plastic tub (if you are using a plastic tub).

Finally, Bredli hatchlings have something of a boof head with a very thin neck, prepare to be amazed at what they can get down there :lol:

go the click clack,that is what mine is in.it is going well.handling everyday except for 2-3 days after eating.just keep him warm and with little stress and he will get big quick

Yeah guys I'm silly excited....can't wait!

So with the click clack whats the other type you recommend (without the mesh lid)?
Should I have the container elevated with the cord underneath? or actually touching the bottom?
What would I insulate the cord with?

Oh btw here's a pic of him I got from the seller
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/designmindz/DSCF3970.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back