New Crotalus and Vipera

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefan

Reaction score
Last weekend I picked up some new animals. I got myself 2.1 Crotalus unicolor and 1.2 Vipera aspis atra. 1.1 from the Vipera aspis atra are melanistic 8) Both groups are ready for breeding, so I hope I will succeed breeding both species next year!

Crotalus unicolor (random pics, didn't look who was who):

IMG_7667.jpg

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7672.jpg

1.0 Vipera aspis atra (Berner Oberland, Switzerland):

IMG_7685.jpg

IMG_7707.jpg

0.1 Vipera aspis atra (Berner Oberland, Switzerland):

IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7689.jpg

IMG_7698.jpg

0.1 Vipera aspis atra (Berner Oberland, Switzerland):

IMG_7716.jpg

IMG_7721.jpg

IMG_7724.jpg

And as a bonus some pictures of a cobra :)

1.0 Naja siamensis:

IMG_7608.jpg

IMG_7605.jpg

Great animals, love the aspis with the stripe up to it's eye.

great pics and awesome additions stefan..
I especially like the Crotalus unicolor pics and am a big crotalus (anything) fan :D
Is there many people with them you know of and whats the captive breeding numbers like?
Do you know the progress with the management plan on aruba for these guys?
Do you mind if I ask how much your captive bred unicolours cost out of curiosity?

Last edited:
Thank you all!
great pics and awesome additions stefan..
I especially like the Crotalus unicolor pics and am a big crotalus (anything) fan :D
Is there many people with them you know of and whats the captive breeding numbers like?
Do you know the progress with the management plan on aruba for these guys?
Do you mind if I ask how much your captive bred unicolours cost out of curiosity?

They are not that common in captivity like an Crotalus atrox, but it is not too hard to get them. There are enough people breeding them :)

They can give birth up to 15 youngsters. And will cost around 600 AUD per animal.

I don't know very much about the management plan, but I know they only live at the southern part of Aruba island, and that part of Aruba is since 1983 a natural area where nothing may be changed on the habitat.

wow, i love Vipera aspis atra! he's got some great colour :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back