New enclosure for Gomez

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeNBake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I started this enclosure over the Weekend.

dcfd557e-77fb-6c3d.jpg

dcfd557e-7842-8f71.jpg

dcfd557e-7887-e1ed.jpg

dcfd557e-78e5-eec2.jpg

wow thats going to look good. love black tanks, what are you coating it in? what are you putting in it?

The grey stuff is just render cement coloured. I'm going to do a couple of coats of that then seal it and paint it with acrylic paint. I'm trying to make it look like the same bush as my regular bouldering spot.

I've made a custom front panel out of tassie oak which looks great against the black will put pics of that up soon.

Gomez is a blonde spotted python. I want something a bit larger for him eventually bit this will last a while ;)

let me ask what is bouldering, cause i was in the middle of the bush one day and 2 hippis walked by so we asked what they were getting up to and they said bouldering hahah?

If they were 'bouldering ' then they aint true hippies.
"Bouldering' or "rock rolling" is the act of finding large round rock at the tops of hills and pushing them so they roll down the hill, smashing everything in its path. Its bush destruction and is done by people with no brains.

I had my young daughter on a walk once when she was a toddler and these young blokes rolled a rock the size of a soccer ball (small), it came down and bounced and was spinning, she had her back to it, if i hadn't been there and deflected with my shin as i grabbed her it would have hit her fair in the spine about shoulder height. We ended up in a pile on the ground tangled up together, and by the time i got up to the guys who rolled it they even had their dad with them! I wonder if they still do it.

Bouldering is a style of rock climbing undertaken without a rope and normally limited to very short climbs over a crash pad (called a bouldering mat) so that a fall will not result in serious injury. It is typically practiced on large natural boulders or artificial boulders in gyms and outdoor urban areas. However, it may also be practiced at the base of larger rock faces, or even on buildings or public architecture.

@SnakeNBake, love the enclosure

"Bouldering' or "rock rolling" is the act of finding large round rock at the tops of hills and pushing them so they roll down the hill, smashing everything in its path. Its bush destruction and is done by people with no brains.

I had my young daughter on a walk once when she was a toddler and these young blokes rolled a rock the size of a soccer ball (small), it came down and bounced and was spinning, she had her back to it, if i hadn't been there and deflected with my shin as i grabbed her it would have hit her fair in the spine about shoulder height. We ended up in a pile on the ground tangled up together, and by the time i got up to the guys who rolled it they even had their dad with them! I wonder if they still do it.

there are some idiots in this world...

No the bouldering I do is climbing. We go minimal impact . I always clean up any litter I find.

We only walk on trails already created.

Cheers for the positive comments.

What I call bouldering is awesome fun. I spend time out bush. Climbing is a wicked physical and mental challenge. I get to see heaps of reptiles and other native fauna. I hate cleaning up after people but I can't stand leaving litter around

@cement you would have to be an absolute *******wit to do something like that. I'm glad no one was hurt. I would've gone mental

What I call bouldering is awesome fun. I spend time out bush. Climbing is a wicked physical and mental challenge. I get to see heaps of reptiles and other native fauna. I hate cleaning up after people but I can't stand leaving litter around

@cement you would have to be an absolute *******wit to do something like that. I'm glad no one was hurt. I would've gone mental

I'm glad its different to what i thought it was. For your info I don't roll rocks

At no point did I think that you did or would. I would be a little bitter towards "bouldering" if what you described had happened to me.

Back to the topic though I cut the vents in last night. I found some nice stainless steel bathroom drains at bunnings.

....no.
It's climbing without ropes/harnesses, they put large mattresses under where they're climbing so they land on them (hopefully) if they fall.

That cage is looking very impressive btw, better than the background I'm making! Ah well, I'll get there.

This is looking awesome! I love it. Can't wait to see the finished product. But info & progress and update shots are great. Cheers for sharing. Well done.

Looks great, how many cans of expanda foam did you use for that?

thats good, i use one each time, but its usually just used for all the small gaps etc.... it looked like you used heaps... and thats stuff is more expensive than anything else needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back