New Here?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptileCove

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Harrison and i live in England at the moment and at one point in time i owned royal pythons, bearded dragons, leopard geckos and corn snakes. But my family and i have decided to move to australia ( Queensland, Gold Coast) and i have had to sell my whole collection. Since then i have been asking on a forum what sorts of reptiles you are aloud to keep in Australia as some said you can keep anything if you have a liscence, some said that only native animals and some said you are not aloud to keep any??

So i have just found this forum and have signed up and am hoping that you can help me? I would just like to know what sorts of lizards or snakes you can keep in Gold Coast as pets and where you can get them from.

Thanks for all your help.

Harrison..

For starters u aren't aloud corns royals nd leopard geckos but I'm sure wat u can hold in qld u need a license too hope sumone else can help I kno there roughly the same as nsw eg green trees womas blackheads carpets jungles laceys diffrent kinds of geckos,skinks look it up Hope that helps a lil

Hi Harrison :)

Congrats on the move to beautiful Queensland (the best state in Australia ;))

The link below is to the website you will need to apply for your licence.

Environmental licences and permits (Department of Environment and Resource Management)

You can keep Australian native pythons, geckos, lizards, frogs.

I suggest you apply for your licence as soon as you get here, and then just take your time familiarising yourself with what you can keep and their particular housing and maintenance requirements.

When you decide what you want, there will be people on this forum who breed what you are after, for sure, and some can give helpful advice and guidance.

Last edited:
hey mate qld is a very good place to be a herp keeper, you can keep pretty much everything bar crocs, sea kraits, seasnakes and elapids on your standard recreational wildlife licence and if you move onto vens in future you just upgrade the licence to a restricted

applying is dead easy you just apply online and pay and you get your licence instantly it will cost you around 60-70 bucks with your record book and all, alternativly you can hold out till the goldcoast reptile show in afew months as apparently EPA will be selling licences there....

as far as stuff you may like to keep i think you will find yourself keeping any of the antaresia species or the morelia spilota spp both are fantastic familys of python to keep and depending how cashed up you are you could get something that you fella's in the uk havent smuggled out:p yet like a rough scale python they are apparently super easy to keep

when it comes time for you to buy your python/s you can browse the for sale thread here or look at herptrader and southern cross reptiles websites whome are sponsers of this site between the three you shouldent have to much trouble finding good quality stock

Thanks everyone for all your help.

I am quite excited and shall be reseaqrching for the next couple of weeks on what reptile to get.
I have also heard about that Goald Coast Reptile expo somewhere else on this forum and was wandering, is it like one of the first ones in Gold Coast?
Thanks again for all the help with the licence and everything,

Harrison..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back