New Hots On The Way!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've got 3 WC Copperheads (Agkistrodon contortrix) comming next week. They're unsexed, but it appears that 2 of them are a breeding pair and were caught apparently mating. This little one is a juvenile Osage Copperhead. I'm most excited about getting this one. It's the nicest of the 3. I'll post more pics when they get here.

MVC_010S.jpg

A bit different from your Copperheads, but just as nice I think.

Not a fan of 'hots' but loving the little green ending to the tail. That is the female coming out in me admiring the pretty colour scheme this guy has going on. :oops:
What is the 'disaster' potential for this guy for you if god forbid he nails you?
RIna

They have killed people but they usually don't. They have relativly weak venom, but like all hots should not be taken lightly. Most likely a bite would cause swelling, brusing, and possible necrosis. Alergic reactions to the venom varies is severity, and is the most likely cause for human fatalities. Hurts like hell from what I've been told. That's why you use the right tools.

nice lookn snake ya got there. I take it that they use the greenish colour on their tail as a caudilure.
I think they were on snake wranglers a while back and a church group sort of worship them and everyone was free-handling them like pythons.

yer iv seen a doc on that church group it was crazy they belive that they are immune or somthing the hole family will sit around while they climb all over them. they told a story about one of the guys that did get bittin and nerly crocked but made it with some permant injuries like lost toes/fingers or something from the swelling but he still bare handels them!!?? there where even lil kids doing this !!!!!
redneck is the only word that seems to come to mind when i think about this senerio

The Southern Baptists are the ones that free handle alot of hots. Mainly Copperheads, Cotton Mouths, and Timber Rattlesnakes. Now out of that list, the one with the most serious bite is the Timber Rattlesnake (Crotalus horridus). The trick with this is that usually the animals are kept cool, to sedate them abit. They also drink poison (usually srichtnin sp). It comes from a bit in the bible, which I must confess I have never read. People do get bit and they claim that if they don't die it's because God spared them. While that maybe true (God protects fools and drunks), the bites most often come from the Copperhead and the Cotton Mouth, 2 snakes who's bites rarely result in human fatality.

Needless to say I won't be dancing about or freehandlin mine. I'm a Buzzard Bapitist. I only go to church if there's something dead or something to eat. :wink: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back