new house /new herp room

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stokedapollo

Reaction score
i just moved into a new house on about 8 acres
the house is aprox 75 sqaures
the shed would fit my whole house in
so guess wats goin to be converted into a great big herp room lol
to put it in perspective i can park five cars side by side and four deep and still have room to make 600 mm deep enclosures with a walkway of 600mm along the walls
thats not including the raised area to the side wich is nearly as big
best of all i have a dam right next to it on the downside of the shed
olus it cant flood the way its been built so good all round

sob, i have to move to perth and leave my glorious plans for a herp room in the old house on my dads property, thanks for rubbing it in stokedapollo! :) (not to mention i can't take my snakes :( )

Nah, really, enjoy, and be sure to post pics asap! good luck

Last edited:
Lucky @#$&%FGHHT* Bugger, i cant complain though some people have no space. Just think u could have a fully functioning rainforest in there for some Green tree pythons etc.Imagine the electricity bill.:)

im sorry you had to do that
im originally from wa
i will post pics
just have to source all me materials
i was thinking of running enclosures along the wall and then building a walkway around it made out of thin trees ( i have bout 8 acres of bush so no shortage there)
then having budgie wire at the top so me kids cant get anywhere near them
then i might be able to get a venomous snake lol

wen it comes to the electricity i have been looking at some 12v alternatives have to do some experamenting and testing
12v =less $$ for electricity
not sure wats around but i am a wiz at building almost anything so
the hardest bit would be the uv lights

Youve moved to where we came from when youve got time take a drive to boolarra only about 15 minutes up the road,nice place but dam cold in winter.Wind turbine power is the way to go especially down there.Enjoy Yinnar its a nice little town.
cheers Odie

it'd be a good idea if you've got the money to set up the battery room + control gear, The generators, the DC - AC Power inverteres to step up your voltage to 240v to run the ballasts in your fluro's etc.. but on the plus side free running lights for you.

Im in se qld now my eldest lives in leongatha which is about 1hour from you (hes a concretor) let me know if you need any done...love the area to pieces but ive found warm now and would die if i had to do another vic winter lol, the pub in yinnar used to do a great meal as well as a nice cold beer/scotch whatever your poision.:)
cheers odie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back