New Monitor Book available from the Herp Shop

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Monitor Lizards Natural History, Captive Care and Breeding by Bernd Eidenmuller

Just published with all early orders receiving a copy signed by the author.

176 pages, hard back, Well known varanid authority, Bernd Eidenmuller spent seven years compiling this interesting work. He goes into detail on all the world's species with natural history and captive care information. Contains many colour photgraphs and distribution maps. An essential publication for monitor enthusiasts. $65.00 per copy

hs_BookMonitorLizards.jpg

hs_BookMonitorLizardsSig.jpg

I ordered my copy yesterday :lol:

l have a copy of this new Monitor book.

So if you are really keen on keeping Monitor's, and want to learn more about different specie's, and their diets-health-housing-handling-sexing-breeding, and which specie's are easy to keep in captivity, l would strongly recommend you get yourself a copy of this Book.

l would say its as good as Daniel Bennett Natural History Monitor Book, and Matt Vincent and Steve Wilson Australian Goannas Book.

Should be an interesting read, he is one of the authorities on monitors in the world, he has probably bred more monitors than anyone else in the world.

Just a reminder that the Herp Shop and Herp Trader are quite separate even though we share the same web site.

If you are interested in purchasing a copy call Brian at the Herp Shop or send him an email:

Phone: 03 9363 6841
email: [email protected]

I have not received my copy yet but will get it early next week. After that time I am happy to tell you exactly what I think of it. However there are very few good monitor books around so I am sure I will find it very valuable.

frank retes would have bred more,i also have a copy of the signed book,not a bad book i must say,not super detailed but a nice read none the less,a worthy addition

sounds good, are there any other good monitor books?

kratos theres daniel bennets one but its out of print and i cant get a copy,been lucky enough to lend one off a friend though,an aussie one from matt vincent and steve wilson,a good read as well and this new one which is actually an english translated one but a worthy addition,they would be the best 3 concerning husbandry i guess,theres also the big monitor lizards of the world one,more natural history i guess but id imagine it would be a great book,the husbandry topics arent super super detailed in any of the books though,but still lots of great tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back