New morelia enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers jax. I miggt get a smaller one then..

Andy- are you a tiles engineer?? Lol

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Cheers jax. I miggt get a smaller one then..

Andy- are you a tiles engineer?? Lol

Haha, I was quite anal about my setups and google all of this stuff but have since realised that all this fine detail is not needed. Believe it or not I was not content with looking up this information I also ran tests with different materials and colours and there wasn't really that much difference so I went for aesthetics instead.

LOL, give 'em somewhere warm, somewhere to hide and somewhere to hang out and they're happy, like Andy said , the rest of the 'stuff' is for our own amusement :)

Well I have been slack but I order glass today and some ebay fake plants and we are almost there..

I went with a furniture wax for the finish/sealant. I ffigure a mix oof beeswax and eucalyptus wax is a nice naturalsealent with zero fumes and a nice warm feel. Cannot wait to see her get down in this..

Ive gone for a 6mm toughened frameless glass with drilled in locks and hinges. Should look quite nice I think.

This is my first shot at solid timber but im happy.

uploadfromtaptalk1381891222960.jpguploadfromtaptalk1381891239529.jpguploadfromtaptalk1381891252817.jpguploadfromtaptalk1381891263212.jpguploadfromtaptalk1381891331497.jpg

I like the look in a dark room. I was one cord short so still have to hook up the last downlight..

This is very nice. I would love to do something like this, I have built a wooden enclosure a while ago, but it was fairly bad and had a plexiglass front, which in the end looked quite bad. How exactly does one go about building something like this? Does it require much skill?

cheers guys,
@Pako- I just kind of made it up as i went.. if you have a few tools and some time you will be able to do it. i wish id spent more time sanding and staining. that the only spot i feel i let myself down.. but i really love building and really hate sanding lol.
also next time i will use a 10 or 12mm pine board not a construction grade. although its solid as a tank, some of the boards have moved a little with the heat and some small gaps have opened up.. Im not to fussed as it gives it a little more character but next time it would be a little different.

Now to start one for my future expected GTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back