New mother that wont spot bitting.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Symba

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This young lady ( first babies) started to attack about a week after i took
her eggs away. She is 4 years old and has always been quite. She got me three times in the last 4 weeks and today when i opened the cage she was under the newspaper and struck out at me. Can someone tell me why this happens and how can i fix it. Once i have hold of her she is okay sort of.

Sorry about that i am not real good with this thing . She is a childrens python.

Yes my female childrens it a bit cranky after laying her eggs and i find that once she has eaten a couple of times she settles down again. have you fed her since she laid?

hook her out of the enclosure first. maybe she needs to be fed back up to size also.

i think she is striking at you because she wants food an you might be it, try throwing rats in instead of you hand till she stops eating them wait a few days, then try handling her again... or like ricko said, go in hook first, once out of the cage she should be fine.

Angel

specially after breeding she will be really hunrgy

Thank you all for your help will give it a try sorry for the late reply been away with work thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back