New owner of knob tails

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juderei

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Knob tail breeding question

Hi everyone, I have been only keeping geckos for the past 4 months I have a feisty little male levis levis that hatched out in March this year. What month do you think he would be able to breed?

I also have a female that is a little bit older and a lot bigger. They are in separate containers at the moment. When should I introduce them and put them in the same container?

These little critters are very addictive and I want them to breed ASAP...hehe

Last edited:
Any help from the gecko experts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Age means little with geckoes, you really need to show us the size difference, if he was only a March baby and he's on the small side, I'd hold him of till next year or pump him to full size asap and try for a late breeding after xmas.

Thanks Jason.

Would housing them together in the same enclosure be harmful to the pair? There is a significant size difference at the moment.

the bigger gecko might terrorise the little one which can lead to stress and problems eg. not eating.
but if the size difference is only a cm or two then it would be fine imo.

The Males are always smaller than the females.
All you can do is put them together & keep a close eye on them & see how they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back