New piercing :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peroxide, alcohol, metho, it's all non-discriminative and kills all the good bacteria and bad bacteria, it's too harsh.

Do you know what they use peroxide for in the body modification industry? They use it to irritate scarification wounds so that you scar better.

The water in our bodies is made of salt water. the saline/salt water mix is absorbed really well and the salt naturally heals it.

aarrrr toughen up peoples!
and use whatever you like on your own piercings :p

:rolleyes:Oh you're right.

Lets not follow the PROFESSIONAL's directions and all rub metho in our piercings; Oh! and why not some nailpolish remover why we're at it???

Why not stop there? Lets stereilize needles with alcohol and go for gold! No need for proper training or experience/knowledge, it's just shoving a needle through your body right? :rolleyes:

It's not about being 'tough' it's about what's doing best for your piercing/body. And metho/peroxide/alcohol have been proven to be too harsh.

My latest piercing want is two vertical labret piercings where snakebites usually are. Other than that I want 4 'other' piercings and two microdermals where I had my sternum pierced and i'll be happy.

:rolleyes:Oh you're right.

Lets not follow the PROFESSIONAL's directions and all rub metho in our piercings; Oh! and why not some nailpolish remover why we're at it???

Why not stop there? Lets stereilize needles with alcohol and go for gold! No need for proper training or experience/knowledge, it's just shoving a needle through your body right? :rolleyes:

It's not about being 'tough' it's about what's doing best for your piercing/body. And metho/peroxide/alcohol have been proven to be too harsh.

My latest piercing want is two vertical labret piercings where snakebites usually are. Other than that I want 4 'other' piercings and two microdermals where I had my sternum pierced and i'll be happy.

....you know your stuff....want a job.. lol

lippy.jpg
thats hot!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey metal, you seem to know your stuff...

a mate of mine keeps telling me (she paid for my arm and got her nape done at the same time) that you shouldnt wash salt into the piercing because it irritates the area. How true is this? I've read just as many sites that say dont use salt and just warm water as those that say to use salt. so as you can imagine i have no idea what is right.

thats hot!!!!!!!!!!!!

i 2nd that. I only have my tongue done at the moment but would like to get my septum done at some stage. Why are chick with piercing just so damned hot?

....you know your stuff....want a job.. lol

:p Sure... If you fly me down to Adelaide and give me the right training.

thesilverbeast - The water in your body is salty (ever tasted your tears?).
The salt water you use will be absorbed into your body and it naturally helps with the healing.

If you use too much salt it can irritate your piercing that's why you use 1/4 teaspoon of salt to 1 cup of water.
Water from the kettle is best because it has been boiled and has less bacteria in it. Oh, use warm water too.

When you have your salt solution made up soak your piercing 3 times a day. Depending on the area you can tip the cup against your piercing and hold it in place. (you can use a smaller cup or a shot glass or something like that for the smaller areas you've got pierced.)

Let it air dry because if you go wiping it you could be wiping bacteria into it.

Don't touch it with unwashed hands, ever. You'll want to play with it because it's new and stuff DON'T. When you wash your hands make sure you pay attention to underneith your nails too.

Don't pick at the crusties. once your piercing has been soaking for a while wipe them off with an ear bud.

Last edited:
thesilverbeast - Just wondering... What aftercare instructions did they gave you?

thanks for the info. just what you said. which is what ive been doing. washing it with a light saline solution.

another question... what are the signs of rejection?

its red around the holes indicating that its a bit irritated. and its a bit painful. ive been told if it hurts around the area and not just above the bar then its fine. mine hurts if i touch above the bar under the skin as expected but 5 mm away its fine.

im waiting to see if a red line comes up between the balls where the bar is. if i see that then its coming out straight away.

If it starts getting red scar tissue around the exit holes of your piercing then i'd take it out ASAP.
i'll find a picture and post it

Surface_Piercing-2.jpg
Starting to reject
and here's a picture of ones which shouldn't be left to that stage:

Surface_Piercing-4.jpg

Having the salt water too strong will slightly burn the piercing and while it might not be noticeable it might take just a little bit longer to heal or stay red for a little bit longer than usual.

Also in regards to swimming at the beach the info my piercer gave me advises:
"Avoid submerging your piercings in water such as pools, lakes, spas etc. unless you feel confident that the water is clean enough for an open wound (which is what your piercing is while it is healing). Most bodies of water harbor bacteria. If there is sea life, motor oil or children in the water it is not clean enough!"

I personally think metho is unnecessary but everybody who ever has had a piercing will have their own ideas on aftercare and each studio you go to will similarly offer different advice. I think the best advice is know your own body and know what works for you.

pink_boa

eh sorry didn't read all the post before posting but hope the saltwater etc info is of interest to someone.

and i don't know what other people have experienced with rejection but i found it to be painless despite how yuk and sore it looks.

pink_boa

it looks similar to the starting to reject one. ill try get a pic up but itll be in bad lighting and on my cam phone.

heres the pics.

kinda hard to tell i know but its the best i can really do atm.

Attachments

• Image037.jpg
    Image037.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Image038.jpg
    Image038.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 25
Yeah, can't see at all really.
If you're worried it's starting to reject just go to your piercer.

Your own pee is the most sterile liquid to your own body - it's salty, and full of other minerals. This is why trans-urethral piercings heal so quickly. Metho/alcohol etc is just ridiculously stupid - there's no excuse for such outdated remedies. Sea salt soaks are great for those who don't like going that extra mile (and a drop of tea-tree oil in a cup of sea salt solution can help to draw out deeper infections to the surface of the skin). The two worst things one can do with sea salt are over-concentrating and over-cleaning - Twice a day is ample.

Wow. I'm rambling. Won't share any photos as i no longer have any of the family-friendly variety :)

Austy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back