NEW PIT (REVAMPED)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

Thought you would all like to see an old pit revamped. Anyone who has come to our place has seen the great pit that is in the middle of the yard....it is for animals that like it hot. This one is for the ones that like it more like a rainforestish (obviously the plants have got to grow bigger). At the moment we have Alpine blotched bluies and Land mullets in there. Hope you all like it...best thing is the animals are happy!

COOL!! may i ask were did you get those excelent logs from (last pic on left hand side)

That is absolutley awesome guys. Those animals aren't happy, they are catatonic with pleasure (a quote from a US reporter to the Olympics in Sydney) and it is in AP. Gotta get there and have a look. Will have to give up the political stuff on the 8th I think.

Oh, and I can definitely see a lot of a woman's touch in the brilliance of the design.

Oh, can we see the other one as well.

Thanks for looking...this is the pit in the middle...looks a bit different know as all the plants have grown.Pics aren't that good, the good ones are on my work computer.

nice beardie on the branch!, so were did you get those logs from? oh and i love your pits they are tops

Hi Spike,
The big log was in the yard when Garth bought the house...the other logs were collected on a huge property at Dunnedoo.

Is the kookaburra on licence? hope you didn't have hatchies in there. And I love the glass panel idea. I will steal that. Thanks. What do you have in that pit? I saw a beardie. What else?

hmm, going to have to go to some of these places to find me some nice logs hehe, i like that pit, what do you keep in it and do any of the species in there fight?

Wow, that is so mad. If only i owned my own house, i might start attacking my dads backyard lol (i wish) :lol:

We have short and longneck turtles...thinking of putting the short necks in the cool pit. Eastern beardies, some more land mullets...gotta catch 'em, cunningham skinks, water dragons and common bluies. They don't fight 'cause they have plenty of room to get away from each other. The only aggression I have seen is when the cunningham skinks had babies and they were giving the blueys a hurry up to get them away from their babies.

peterjohnson64 said:
And I love the glass panel idea. I will steal that.
be careful pete it might be patented and we dont want any law suits do we now not after last night..lol

thats good to no, cause i was going to build an aivery for water dragons n bluies and now i could prob chuck in my eastern beardie piar, saves me building another pit thing aha

Awesome! Looks just like my bedroom but bigger! Can i move in!

The new pit looks great. Can you tell me what the white stuff going around the bottom is.
The other pit is awesome as well, good work.

Looks great Fay.....so nice to have a yard big enough, for outside enclosures;
you carnt beat natural sunlight IMO....the animals do so well.
Yes mate; watch those birds....i had visions of open pits when i moved here;
then the neibour let out a whisle; in flew 12 kookaburras and a few butcher birds.....
needless to say, all the enclosures are closed in......beautiful job mate :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back