New Pygmy Bearded Dragon Enclosure - Thoughts?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more or larger vents on the cool side may help bring its temp down or maby even a small computer fan as an exhaust fan (use fly screen to cover it)

Im using the Oz Bright 100w at a distance of 30cm and getting a basking temp of 35c.

My tank size is 4x2x2.5f though lol

Well, a bit of an update that I suppose is not too bad. I'm using the 100w Oz Bright mercury vapor bulb and combined with a ceramic heat emitter, I'm getting around 38-40 degrees at the basking spot, approximately 30cm from the bulb. They seem to like it. I ended up digging the boy dragon's head out of the sand (he was completely buried) and he decided to come out.

I've installed an Antec TriCool 120mm fan at the cool end. Although it seems to work better blowing air into the tank than as an exhaust. Still, my cool end is still up around 30-31 degrees. The other option (besides installing an additional fan) I'm thinking is some kind of canopy over the cool end to shade it, as it seems the light from the MVB is what's causing the cool end to warm up a little..

I'm just worried the cool end is too warm. Although, at 10pm all my heating/lighting switches off..

Basking.jpg

is the fan installed the right way when i used to build computers the fans you install have an arrow pointing in the dirrection that it pushes the air into you could install a 2nd fan or maby a bigger fan + more vents ect i cant think of many more options sorry i havnt started building my bug enclosure myself yet due to my car dieing so im quite interested in how you go.

mine will be 4ftLx2ftHx20"W malamine with glass front however im looking at puting a 2ft shelf 3ocm high offset from the middle of the enclosure and is almost as wide as wide as the enclosure for basking which will create shade underneath the shelf??? also wondering what kind of ventage to add to the cool end

The fan didn't have an arrow on it, but I tested it before wiring it up.. This fan only pushes 79cfm, and it's installed behind an aluminium vent (from Bunnings). I've just ordered a Scythe fan, runs at 110cfm so should work a bit better.. As long as the noise isn't too bad :\

And yea, I tested the shelf idea yesterday. It seemed to work. I just need to come up with a more permanent solution.

The basic is to make a canopy / cover. Hopefully that way, with the fan running, it will create a little pocket of cool air. I tried without the metal vent last night (so fan was directly blowing into the enclosure), but it didn't seem to make much if any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back