New Red Belly, first elapid

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow people really love there black snakes,im glad though i love mine too.

Girls seem to like them

190958_170091966376996_100001285822277_431852_4668367_o.jpg

haha actually i dunno why she has bandaid from,certainly not from that RBB hes quite a nice snake

Well done Daniel, RBB's are my fav elapid. But be warned... people reckon owning pythons are addictive, elapids are even worse ;)

congrats on your new rbb, there very nice snakes got to love pseudechis.

Update

So I've had this fella for a week now and gave him a velvet rat I had left in freezer. Seems like an huge feed though. I thought elapids took smaller feeds than pythons.

RBB 019.jpgRBB 018.jpgRBB 020.jpgRBB 021.jpg

He is around 20 months old. Really active even up until 11pm (isnt that past their bedtime lol)
Does what looks like a dance alonng the front of enclosure at times, it is rather frenetic and I dont know if I should smile or be worried.

Thanks again for all replies, the pics of adult RBB's are awsome.

Still seems flighty, flares up when you approach, has struck glass once or twice.

Came from a breeder in Melbourne but sellers wont tell me who. Would love to know for another one.

Last edited:
So I've had this fella for a week now and gave him a velvet rat I had left in freezer. Seems like an huge feed though. I thought elapids took smaller feeds than pythons.

View attachment 233798View attachment 233797View attachment 233799View attachment 233800

He is around 20 months old. Really active even up until 11pm (isnt that past their bedtime lol)
Does what looks like a dance alonng the front of enclosure at times, it is rather frenetic and I dont know if I should smile or be worried.

Thanks again for all replies, the pics of adult RBB's are awsome.

Still seems flighty, flares up when you approach, has struck glass once or twice.

Came from a breeder in Melbourne but sellers wont tell me who. Would love to know for another one.

I have a couple that are simply laid back and a couple of others that duck in and out of hides like a game and like to dance/ shadow box as you describe particularly at feed time, but there is no ill will to what they do and I am sure yours will settle in well.

Thanks baxtor glad to hear it is not stress related. He did settle after his big feed but low and behold a week has past and he started it again yesterday.

I am so glad I got this guy. Would like to to a grad dip in or something so I could spend some research time with elapids.

In order to get him I had to agree to the rest of the family getting some live snake food. But for all you out there dont worry I wouldnt feed it to the snake....alive!;)

Photo_6DE6987B-F423-B0B7-1AAD-939A6732E580.jpgGave him some sun today. Not the first time I have done this but first time I have just let hm sit. Pic was taken with phone and he will proberbly shed in next few weeks.
Grown quite a bit since I got him. Shed twice already.
For some reason I have also included a pic of Snake Bait 2 (AKA Storm). Had to agree to getting him in order for my other half to agree to the rbb. Indoor cat only btw.
Love my rbb. So much personality and elapids just look awsome.
In the morning he can be seen looking up over the enclosure ledge/sill watching us get organised.

Oh yeh, here's the cat:rolleyes: Photo_4482D16D-E83B-DAF0-52F6-4CD4B5599CAC.jpg

Last edited:
Nice snake, I love RBB's and Tigers, you have a good taste in snakes and cats ;)
He is a great looking little snake, I have only just coaxed my mum into keeping reptiles, if I bought a RBB home, she would kill me lol.

agreed

Well done mate,welcome to the elapid club. Just dont let it nibble on ya cos Necrosis can be a real pain, if ya know what I mean :rolleyes:

first time handling ven's i was bitten by a red belly and lost my finger nail for good and my whole finger was black for days my faveourite snake of all time though love at first bite ;)

So one day I was walking past the enclosure and he struck the pose for me as now seen in my avatar. Fortunately I was able to snap a quick shot from my phone. Got my own pic now so my first comment about avatar on this thread no longer true. He is a big happy boy now, just like in the pic. For some reason I have having trouble uploading an actual pic onto this entry. Also cant seem to start a new line (yes I am pressing ENTER). Maybe it is the new computer. I may regret buying the computer but no regrets about my RBB :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back