New reptile enclosure and backgrounds for my woma's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
justin91, i used thick off cuts and just carved them like that to make the pillars. they are around 2 inch thick

Very nice enclosures.

I noticed a woma in one of the enclosures. Do you find cleaning to be difficult with these enclosures?

My (ex) woma was an absolute pig and enjoyed rolling around in her own faeces (to spite me perhaps?) I can't imagine having to scrub these down on the background etc.

Interested to hear your experience..

justin91, i used thick off cuts and just carved them like that to make the pillars. they are around 2 inch thick

Grab some plastic chopsticks while you're at the cheap shop. Skewer the foam onto the chopsticks, gluing as you go. It just adds a little more support incase your snake gets over enthusiastic at feed time and side swipes the pillar. All mine go nuts when they first grab and wrap

Grab some plastic chopsticks while you're at the cheap shop. Skewer the foam onto the chopsticks, gluing as you go. It just adds a little more support incase your snake gets over enthusiastic at feed time and side swipes the pillar. All mine go nuts when they first grab and wrap

Thats a brilliant tip. Definitely going to use this idea on my next wall.

Absolutely beautiful! Those enclosures are a real credit to you.

PS garden pruners will trim the bamboo ones to size but a hacksaw is needed for the plastic ones :)

Thanks for the comments, I have had no drama with cleaning yet as they all have gone to toilet on paper bedding. They are coated with pva sealant which so far has been easy to clean. Mine have done some nasty stuff in there ooo before but not yet in these enclosures yet. Cleaning just requires a spray of disinfectant and a wipe off . The chip stick is a great idea too. The pillars I haves used are about two inches thick coated with render , the male sometimes lays on the top ( he is around 1.2kg ) and I also place the rat on there at feed time and he grabs it and wraps himself all around it. It hasn't moved at all but a chip stick would add that much more strength. Everything in the enclosures are removable the hides and tip of hides come off separate, the bank around the water bowls are separate and all three walls in each so removing to clean is a lot easier this way

Hey I was just wondering what kind of substrate that is. Looks pretty good with the red background.

it is breeder choice cat litter ( its paper pallets ) no chemical etc its awesome stuff now i have been trying it for a while and no bad things about it. You can get it from big w or coles

it is breeder choice cat litter ( its paper pallets ) no chemical etc its awesome stuff now i have been trying it for a while and no bad things about it. You can get it from big w or coles

Thought it was cat little but I wasn't sure. Thanks, I'll have to give it a try when I finish my enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back