New to APS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hsut77

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

Have been reading post on the site for a few days and decided to join a it looks like the best palce for a nebie to Herps to learn before buying.

I have finally talked my wife into entertaining the idea of the possibility of thinking about considering the chances of contemplating getting a Python......:shock: ........As you can see I may have some ways to go!!!! Looks like I will get my way after our house is completed in a few months though.:p

I have only recently been taken by the idea. I was like most of the population, *&^t scared of any snakes after a run-in with a Tiger when I lived on the Murray River as a youngster. But after seeing and holding an Olive Python at a snake busters show about 2 years ago I was taken in by them. Also after seeing many, many shows on Animal Planet and watching people like Steve Irwin and Austin Stevens being so passionate about them I have found them facsinating.

I won't ask the usual question about the best species as I have read a few post on that topic, and I live about 100mt away from Pails for Scales in Ballarat. I drop in alot to see all the different species as well as asking heaps of questions and generally annoying the staff. They are great though, anything to convert someone into a snake lover. My wife likes the look of Olives - says they look kind- but after she found out the can grow over 4mt she has reconsidered. So still thinking about the species maybe a MD or Diamond for our first.

Anyway just wanted to intro myself, will proberly be asking a couple of questions over the next few months and just enjoting reading the posts.

Have attached a few pics from Singapore Zoo. Went there earlier this year for my honeymoon. Got lost in the eys of the King Cobra for a few minutes, I strated rembering the scene in Harry Potter when the glass vanished and lost my nerve.:oops:

P.S If anyone needs someone to drop into to Pails to check out anything or get any info I am more than happy.

Last edited:
Welcome, enjoy the site and ask whatever u want. good luck with convincing the missus. p.s, we love pics :D

Welcome aboard, you've come to a great place and there's plenty to read. I haven't been here long and I always find something new every day. Good luck on your future purchase and once you get ther bug you can't stop at one !!

Welcome to the site, and please feel free to ask all the questions you like and we will do our best to answer them. There is a bit of political maddness going on at the moment and I'd advise staying clear of that. Other than that go nut's we are all here to learn

Hey welcome, I am a new herp too with a new little Jungle. So am enjoying learning lots.
Good luck with getting your first snake.

Welcome to aboard, all you need now is a few snakes. Personally I'd go with a diamond, they're great pythons.

Welcome mate. I am also new but find this a very informative place.

yep as everyone has said welcome welcome and i may just take up an offer of needing someone to look in at pail for scales, i've seen some of the snakes on the site and looks like a brilliant place to buy a snake, personally just got the one new one bout a month and a bit now but ofcorse the bug has ran its corse and i want more.
anyways welcome and many great threads i wish for you

gday, welcome to the site. loads of info on here, ull get lost in it all. good luck on the convincing too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back