New to this forum, Hey everyone!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattslatt

Reaction score
Hi all, my name's Matt, I'm 16, live in New Zealand (NO SNAKES :shock:)
I have loved and kept reptiles for all and most of my life respectively, and have been able to make my way across the ditch quite a few times to observe all your beautiful herpetofauna! (Not that our geckos, skinks, and Tuatara aren't beautiful, but... no snakes... ;))

Next year I'm off to Uni, heading over to Aussie to do my BSc and then postgraduate study, and I am very excited at the thought of coming over there. Haven't decided on a Uni yet, so any help there would be much appreciated.

As you can see from my sig, I keep New Zealand Geckos and Skinks, also dabble in Frogs, Turtles, and Fish, but these, with their high maintenance, have been given away for this summer, as I have spent the last two months in France.

I am also interested in... pretty much all wildlife, particularly (after reptiles of course!!) inverts, amphibians, and fish, and... listening to music, watching movies, partying, just normal teenager stuff :D

Anyway, glad to have become a member of what looks to be a great forum, hope I can meet new people (make some herping contacts before I head over to Aussie maybe ;)) and learn as much as I can about keeping and studying these wonderful critters.

Cheers

welcome to the site
matbe when you come over here you could get some snakes
those tuatara look great

Yep that's what I'm hoping. Not to mention Scorpions, Maybe a Bird Eating Spider or two, Dragons, (none of which can be found or kept in New Zealand) and of course your beautiful Skinks and Geckos.
All in good time, of course. In other words, when I win the lotto...

C'mon Matt....... make everyone jealous with a few photos of your green geckos.

Come to Sydney... i'll take you herping if you bring me a few Nautilinus.

-H

Haha ok I will chuck some up when I get back to New Zealand. I'm in France, but leave tomorrow. And guess what? My trip to France was free! How cool is that? Just thought y'all needed to know that.

welcome and as we say on aps pics or it didnt happen or in your case pics of your gex or your lieing:p

Welcome to APS, matt :)

You guys have Bearded Dragons in NZ, by the way, I saw some for sale when I was over there in September. They are very expensive though!

Yeah we have the occasional Beardie and Bluey pop up but they are so few and far between that it is very difficult to purchase the right equipment and whatnot, and so the people that do keep them often don't do it very well. And also, it ay not be legal to keep them for much longer. But on the other hand, no there are not many, but still a few of us kiwi herp lovers scattered in different parts of the country. And also, either Steve Wilson or Gerry Swan is a kiwi, but I cant for the life of me remember which one!! Argh this is going to frustrate me all day. I knew I should have bought my Field Guide of Australian Reptiles to france

Welcome to APS.:lol: [ Bonjour ] NZ is one place I would love to go to. Is it as pretty as it looks in those holiday mags and tv shows? You sound like a bit of a globe trotter!:shock: And only 16 to!!
Lucky *%#! :evil: ;):lol:

Haha Bonjour! Well I wouldnt say Globetrotter... Aussie and France. But I reckon for 16 and still at school to have gone overseas twice on my lonesome I can't be doing that bad :D

Well living in New Zealand I'm sure I take it for granted, but Kakariki (hehe Maori for green) yes I would have to say it is probably as beautiful as you see in the holiday mags. It really is a great place to live. Not the best, but a great place nonetheless

You're 16 and heading off to uni already? Good on you!
Sydney uni is always good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back