NEWBIE getting a baby bearded dragon.. Advice?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimees_Dragon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi there all,

i am currently the owner of 1 kitten, 1 rat and 3 axolotls. I'm getting a baby bearded dragon in a few weeks when my license comes through and I have many many questions..

1. lighting? Are solar glow (mercury vapour) bulbs of 120W any good? is there a better option?

2. I am getting a custom made 2.5 by 1.5 by 1.5 foot enclosure, cant fit a 3 ft :( , is this okay? I know i'll need to upgrade eventually but i've been told this will be fine for a few years..

3. I have a worm farm set up for my axolotls, do beardie's eat worms??

4. Is there anything else i'm missing in terms of set-up?

THANKS, Aimee.

Hi there, welcome to the site. You will probably find your answers if you search though the forums index or use the search function top right of page :)
let us know when you get your dragon :)
Kind regards
Crystal

Hey there. Yes that should be fine that bulb don't get me wrong there are better one it's should be good though. Worm like garden worms my cunninghams skink love them. Try and get some calcuim dust to dust crickets,worms for vitamins
Every now and them. As for winters heat rock don't leave it on 24\7 as reptile have fell asleep on them and died maybe a heat mat in that case. Cave,water cage should be good but yes upgrade In the further and take good care of him and try and handle him/her daily
Looking fowards to pics haha take care. Ramsmice

Hey Aimee, and welcome to the group! :)

By the time you see this, your email will be ready for your perusal in your inbox!

Once again, welcome! :)

Best,
Carolyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back