Newby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowmum

Reaction score
Hi all,

Found this forum whilst looking for information on keeping turtles. I am (shock, horror) an avid cat lover. Now after the out cry settles, let me explain. I love my boys - one a Ragdoll cat and a rescue case and the other his little friend a Birman As a responsible cat owner my boys are never, ever outside and I feel we (and most of my furry lover friends) do our best to ensure the environment and wildlife are safe. We are doing our best to spread the word that cats should be inside critters only. It really is better for them, wildlife and the neighbours. I also love all animals and especially our more different ones.

I had turtles as a child. We often found them crossing the road after rain and would 'rescue' them frequently and take them to a nearby creek. Occasionally one would get hurt and we'd take it in and over the years we managed our own little rehab program. No doubt doing all the wrong things, but I was just a kid then and, realistically, had very little say about what my dad decided..

Now I have two teenage daughters who are very interested in having turtles and I believe it is best to learn everything first. I know that I need to apply for a licence from National Parks, and have read lots of information on keeping turtles but would love some advice on the essentials/basics of what we'll need to get and need to know. Also, best (read that as hardiest - incase we make a mistake somewhere (God forbid) turtles to keep (we live on the Central Coast NSW). Also, would it be a bad idea or good idea to get hatchlings?

Anyway - any and all info would be welcome.

Hello everyone.

Heidi

Hi

Hi and welcome. There is someone on thhis forum called sexcelly (spelling????) who from memory has quite a few turtles. Try and get in touch with her. I'm sure she can help you.;)

welcome
Ive bred turtles for years and years, i don't intend to tell you that i know everything but i have a fair understanding of things surrounding them, firstly where are you located as the regulations change depending on state to state.

also try getting in contact with Craig or Gab, they are located in brisbane and are the turtle pros in Australia, they go by expensa1 on this site

so yeh just let me know where you live and we can get started

hi and welcome.... just to correct the names of the guys mentioned.... sxc_celly and expansa1....

have fun... and remember to post pics up when u get them!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back