Next AHS Meeting - Borneo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pangolin? what Pangolin.... ;)
DSC_0741.jpg

DSC_0820.jpg

yeah, I physically couldn't go there for anything other than wildlife, the place is just so rich and diverse.... going there just to drive is a crime! ;)

DSC_1240.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

DSC_1073.jpg

Here's one for the ID experts... ;)
DSC_0102.jpg

Note the focal point is off the head and on the rear leg area.... on purpose.

A Pangolin!!! who here has found one of these???

IMG_0869.jpg

Last edited:
The meeting is this Wednesday night peoples.............and I have 350 photos to get through so be early lol...
DSC_0136.jpg

Last edited:
amazing pictures mate, im going with world challenge at the end of the year, we are travelling to kota kinabalu, as well as climbing mt kinabalu, we are trekking through the the uppermost part of crockers range, whereabouts did you go? do you have any tips for seeing herps over there?
cheers, nilesh

I have been to Bako NP and Mulu NP in Sarawak and Sepilok, Kinabatangan River, Kota Kinabalu and Danum Valley in Sabah, tips for herping... go out all night and not with "guides" if you are willing and capable.... Mt Kinabalu is on my next visit, plenty of endemic critters belong only to that mountain.

thanks for the tip, i will try to get away from the guide for a bit hahaha, do you know any good field guides that would be worth taking?

Lowland Dwarf Gecko (Hemiphyllodactylus typus)

Here's one for the ID experts... ;)
DSC_0102.jpg

[FONT=&amp]
Lowland Dwarf Gecko ([/FONT][FONT=&amp]Hemiphyllodactylus typus)[/FONT]

Great thread Jason! Hopefully see you at the herp meet tonight.

Last edited:
"typus" are an all female species... well suposed to be, and this is a male. Hemiphyllodactylus have been reclassified though they lacked enough voucher specimens.... this would be one of the "other" ones...

Whereabouts in Borneo was it found? Can you post a higher resolution close-up?

George Zugg reclassified this genus in 2010, inc this bisexual (species) that comes from Sarawak, though his samples were not large enough to be assigned as a new species.... so its a gecko in waiting..... I have the papers he wrote.

I have been to Bako NP and Mulu NP in Sarawak and Sepilok, Kinabatangan River, Kota Kinabalu and Danum Valley in Sabah, tips for herping... go out all night and not with "guides" if you are willing and capable.... Mt Kinabalu is on my next visit, plenty of endemic critters belong only to that mountain.

It's amazing countryside up around that mountain! One of the stages I raced finished at the top.... Bike, not car!

By the look of what is shown in this thread I would have loved to see your presentation!

I am pretty sure his presentation is on this Wednesday. Could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back