• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nice big enclosure - semi converted TV unit

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falconboy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have now done the hard work and semi converted the TV unit in to an enclosure. I have added a 72mm stained strip at the bottom where the glass door track is mounted, and added the sliding glass doors.

Since the 72mm strip is not original, its stain is slightly different to the rest of the cabinet. It can be used as is nicely, or you may wish to restain it.

The large area measures approx 890 wide x 650 high x 600 deep. Add the shelving below the main bit and the whole unit measures approx 1080 high.

All that needs doing is replacing the backing board, cost about $10 for something at Bunnings and nail it on. Add light fittings and voila!

Its in quite good condition. I'd keep it myself but its too big for me.

Pickup Sutherland, Sydney. It fit easily in the back of my Ford station wagon, so you will need similar or van/ute/trailer.

Sell $220 ono

Options:
99.5% full tin of 1L Wattyl Stain & Clear all in one Dark Mahogany/Jarrah - $30
2x Ceramic Light fittings (new) install yourself - $9
Glass door lock (new) - $9

Attachments

• tvunit1.jpg
    tvunit1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 146
  • tvunit2.jpg
    tvunit2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 85
Meant to add, you could also make use of the existing holes in the existing backing to add a vent or whatever if you like, otherwise if you replace the backing you can add a vent where you want it (get one from bunnings). Also if you buy the $9 fittings off me, I have some power cable you can have to wire them up.

Bump
This is a great first timers enclosure and wood of this kind is hard to come by now days so get yourself a great enclosure.

May swap for 1 or more of either gecko / bluey / frogs / exo terra enclosure (one suitable for frogs) or something else of interest (plus cash if it is something of lesser value, of course:)).

Make an offer via PM's. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back