No restrictions on APS....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct bECS, we cannot see the content of PMs unless they are reported by an individual. Private Messages are exactly that, Private.

You are correct bECS, we cannot see the content of PMs unless they are reported by an individual. Private Messages are exactly that, Private.

But they can be accessed by Admin.
I have helped moderate/administer a forum that also used Vbulliten, the PM's could be accessed.

Nothing on the web is private!!!!!!!

Last edited:
There are non moderated or lightly moderated reptile forums around. The WA one I'm part of functions fine for the most part.

But they can be accessed by Admin.
I have helped moderate/administer a forum that also used Vbulliten, the PM's could be accessed.

Nothing on the web is private!!!!!!!

i always keep that in mind when typing because u just never know who may read it.

I'm not sure that more regulation actually results in a better forum. Other forums I frequent have far less regulation than APS; however ironically there are generally less pointless arguments.

I've noticed that when silly disagreements are allowed to run their course people eventually run out of steam. A gentle warning is usually sufficient and people are only banned in extreme cases.

I don't spend much time on here but from reading old posts I know there are a very large number of knowledgable former members who are now banned (most of which appear to have occurred under previous regulatory regimes).

Being a mod is a thankless and unenviable job so I can understand how it would be frustrating and sometimes easy to dish out bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back