Not A Burmese Python.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristy_07

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I know I was looking for more exciting things, like a retic or a tortoise, but it turned out to be more difficult than I thought....

In the meantime....

REX!!

vietnam001.jpg

vietnam002.jpg

Not sure what it is, but its really cute and is having a really bad hair day :lol:

it's a hampster... yes, a fluffy rat :) I thought I'd get one, since I always wanted one as a kid, and, of course, we can't have them in Oz. His name is Rex. He likes cereal, air-con, but not me very much ;)

it looks so fake... haha lol. is it a rex rat or something? is that why u called it REX!? lol

His hair is a bit young einstein, eh? Even though he spends 60% of his time grooming himself.

His name is Rex cuz there was a series of books I like a few years back with a hamster called Rex in it.

so you got the snake food before getting the snake... forward thinking... good work

looks like python food to me ?????

can i burrow rexy ?

please just for a while ?

it wont hurt ?

Out of curiosity, why can't you have a hamster in australia?! Or do you mean that specific species?

No, you just can't have them in Australia. They're exoctic... you know like rats, ferrets, rabbits...

Don't know why, you just can't have them.

that rat/hamster is ansolutely amazing....come on guys a bit of line breeding and surely we could breed rats that look like that here....i mean they breed and breed surely someone could create a designer rat like that...just look for the ones with the long hair lol......i desperately want one !!!!!!!

Hamsters are evil..... from my experiences....they like human blood....

Kenshin, I'm here for the year, but haven't been able to go herping yet. I'm trying to find out a bit more about the snake situation here - they eat and drink heaps of them, but I haven't been able to find out whether they're all wild caught, or there's a few people with farms. Would be super easy to breed over here with temps and humidity conditions, but my friend in WWF assures me they are all wild caught. I don't think it's true, I've seen turtle and frog farms so far, why not snakes? There's supposed to be a cool reptile park down in HCMC, but also displays wild caughts, then trafficks plenty of stuff through to china. So not sure - it's put me off buying a python until I know what the deal is.

pretty sure markets sell locally caught reptiles live as food, you should go there save afew keep em and release before you go

dont forget to post pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back