Not A Professional but......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats absolutley beautiful!:shock: wish I could do something like that.

Looks amazing!

I'd love to do something like this, but am nowhere near creative enough to make a background! I tried to do a simple textured rock-like wall, and it failed miserably!

Might have to talk one of my artistic friends into it I think..

Last edited:
love it, love it, love it... no matter what you end up using as substrate.... (not keen on marine carpet).. seal everything with pondtite.. make it all waterproof... snakes poo in the oddest places...

Is there an alernative to Pondtite?
It comes out shiny and for me ruins the natural look.

that looks great ..good job ...but with all these fake looking walls etc ..just want to know how easy is it to clean ..cause as you are aware not all snakes have tidy toilet habits ..and when you get a poo explosion how hard would it be to get it off the walls without ruining the work you have done ..like will a bleach or standard cleaning product that is normally used, wreck it ?

looks unreal got some really tallented people here on APS, i tired and mine looks crap compared to yours

well done your snake would love you for that

jannico i have used a green scouring pad it helps knock off a bit of the shine also fine dusting of sand works well
sorry to "jack" your thread your background looks awesome

Is there an alernative to Pondtite?
It comes out shiny and for me ruins the natural look.

the reason a lot of us use pondtite is that it is non toxic when wet, its safe for fish ponds so it won't effect any serial lickers, but i agree with the shine being a problem, im about to start on some display enclosures and will try some different suggestions and see what i can come up with and share on this, and other threads related to us who are artistically challenged :)

the shine is always a problem especially pondtite. I tried a whole series of sealers to counter this problem even making some of my own concoctions , i was getting good results but was never happy with the strength of the foam and render product....I now use a completely different method which gives me high strength, dull finish, light weight, and complete resistance to scrubbing and chemicals. But it's been a long trial and error process

............ and you're not sharing are you :lol: i'm not having a go, i know you are a business, and you have obviously spent the time and money and brainpower into solving the problem.... but would you like to throw a hint or two. :D

ha ha too right but for one off projects like everyone does here it's not plausible anyway, it's too hard and expensive for one offs.....

Haha, I love it!!

If you live in Sydney, there is a large bargain shop in Bankstown (used to be called Clints Bargains) that sell terracotta Gargoyles which are coloured grey to look like concrete. I reckon they'd look great in your enclosure!!

...and I thought I was the only crazy one who kept reptiles. Gotta get some photos of mine on the forum!

Last edited:
Cheers for the positive feedback everyone :D

We were only going to use marine carpet as we happened to have some left over from a recent boating project but will definitely be rethinking this idea, thanks for the heads up.

Currently we have completely sealed the inside and mounted the heat lamp etc. We are just awaiting a quote from the glazier on the glass doors (I suspect this will be the most expensive part of the project :?) So far all up we have spent $350 and the only expense left is the glass doors, so not too bad.

I don't how to paste quotes yet, so...
dniti - we got the styrofoam from building sites around the place - the builders just chuck the stuff away
fuscus - the 'poor' animal (lol) that has to live in this vivarium is our 5 month old Morelia Spilota Imbricata (South West Carpet Python) - Cleo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back