Not Another One...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All these... long ....posts are much to long for this old lady to read...sorry !!! I lived in Sydney at the time it happened and my kids were both in primary school. I remember how the news totally rocked the nation....every man, woman and dog was talking about it on the street. Even in those days it seemed to go on forever in the media and it obviously is still going on, and I think will eventually go into Australian foldlore, no matter how many inquests they have. There were all sorts of rumours going on at the time, some in the media, some just Chinese whispers. No one knew what to believe, what was true and what wasn't, but EVERYONE had an opinion. At the time I totally believed Lindy did it....but I didn't know anything about dingos...still don't really...so in the end I just got on with my own life and forgot about it. In 50 years time Australians somewhere will still talk about it.

A couple of things that people put far too much emphasis on,1/ the name Azaria was for the time just a touch different and people (MEDIA) put forward sensational meanings of the name, 2/ the lack of emotion shown by both parents.
Different people can handle grief, shock or whatever differently to the expected.

Example, a few years after this event I crouched in a wrecked car and held the hands of a mother and daughter and waited for then to die. It took about 45 minutes.
One of these was really badly smashed up and drowned in her own blood.

Others at the scene couldn't handle the sights and sounds and either started sobbing or walked away.

After it was all over I went home, sat down to my usual night meal, went to bed and slept like a baby.

Maybe the parents had the ability to suppress their emotions ect.

I hear on the news today that NO new evidence will be offered, rather another look at the previous evidence regarding dingo behaviour will be conducted.

Having spent a lot of year in the bush at first I didn't think such a thing was possible but given more recent events on Fraser Island it can happen and has happened...............

Example, a few years after this event I crouched in a wrecked car and held the hands of a mother and daughter and waited for then to die. It took about 45 minutes. One of these was really badly smashed up and drowned in her own blood. Others at the scene couldn't handle the sights and sounds and either started sobbing or walked away. After it was all over I went home, sat down to my usual night meal, went to bed and slept like a baby. Maybe the parents had the ability to suppress their emotions ect.

That's a terrible thing to go through, certainly not something you'll ever forget. I haven't reacted to death with hysterical tears either, I've told the story on here a couple of times about how I was on a train that hit a suicide victim. I wasn't hysterical or in tears, I was confused and kept forgetting what I was doing, and a couple of days later I suffered from numerous heart palpitations.

I've also talked on here about the fact that I've been to 22 funerals in the past 5 years. I didn't shed many tears, not because I didn't care about the people, I certainly did, it's just not the way I deal with things. The times I did cry I was on my own. Sometimes when you've been through traumatic things you shut yourself down emotionally, you do this in order to function and continue getting though life. I started putting barriers up when I was very young, but more so when my Grandmother died. I was very close to her, but I didn't cry that much, it was like I just shut my emotions off to an extent and I've been like that ever since.

Same. I'm not an emotive person and when I do get upset, it's private and no one else's business. For me, Lindy's lack of public emotion is not damning at all. Why should she be expected to put on a good show for the media and the public? If I were in her position, I wouldn't want to be blubbering in front of the cameras either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back