not bloody happy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissFuller

Reaction score
what would you do if you got sold a reptile that was dieing had to go to the vets (big bill) and they told you it was gana die mind you its only a month old had it for 2 weeks from what the vet told me his hole collection of dragons lizards and possibly monitors will have this disses

sorry about my spelling

Its a month old pygmy bearded dragon. Yesterday it started showing symptoms of having MBD. I took the 2 of them to the avain, reptile and exotic animal hospital in camden and the vet said he has seen over a dozen cases of it this year. Its a disease that eats at the tissue of the liver of the dragons, and initially causes neuro issues then the animal dies as theres nothing that can be done for them.
The vet said that the whole collection of dragons would have it, and that since we have only had the animals 3 weeks at the most we could not have possily given it to the animal (we also have no other dragons that could have passed the disease on)

Its a month old pygmy bearded dragon. Yesterday it started showing symptoms of having MBD. I took the 2 of them to the avain, reptile and exotic animal hospital in camden and the vet said he has seen over a dozen cases of it this year. Its a disease that eats at the tissue of the liver of the dragons, and initially causes neuro issues then the animal dies as theres nothing that can be done for them.
The vet said that the whole collection of dragons would have it, and that since we have only had the animals 3 weeks at the most we could not have possily given it to the animal (we also have no other dragons that could have passed the disease on)

MBD is often caused by a lack of calcium .... If you have had the animal for 3 out of the 4 weeks its been alive , it could very well be some thing on your end ..

That is a big call by the vet, I doubt anything the breeder did in the first week of the dragon's life could cause it. Either the breeder female was in poor nick during gestation or it is something at your end.

ok thets say its my falt liver disease ho do i give it that when i own just snakes and these two

It isn't contagious, it is due to enviromental issues, such as inadequate basking temps or foods low in nutrients.

Have you tried contacting the seller?

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of symptoms is your little one showing? If it is MBD, calcium supplements can turn it around before it's fatal. What kind of treatment did the vet suggest?

Sorry, I'm confused. Is it MBD or liver disease?

the vet said its liver disease and every one on here is saying it is mbd symptoms are his legs are twitching and his head has spouts of energy just so every one knows they keept there heads down n eyes closed most of the time when i brought them i thort that was normal silly on my half but im in to snakes the pygmys are my partners wich is why i couldnt tell if they where healthy or not they barley moved since i got em the vet gave me these antibiotics if they die ill get an autopsy done

As I said on your other thread, everything is suggestive of metabolic bone disease, in my opinion. Calcium therapy from a veterinarian, in the late stages of MBD, is required....

Its an injectible form the veterinarian administers to get them on track as soon as possible. This can be treated successfully, if they receive the appropriate treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back