not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redline

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi there just wanna no if someone can help me i have 2 children pythons.I have had them both for 9mths now and one of them stop eating on the 9/7/04 and it still hast eated nothing what can i do

How old are they? how big are they? what have they been eating? we need a bit more info dude!

But it might just not be eating due to the colder months, just warm it up and try once a week with food.

But with the more info, you should get some great help here from someone.

thery r 9mths old now.Well i dont no how big they r just small still there been eating pinkys, the other ones beening eating fuzzys i have the heat on 30c and still doest wanna eat

Has there been any change to it's environment at all? Don't get too stressed though, 6 weeks isn't too big a deal. But I'm sure there are a lot of people here who will be more than willing to help ;)

stressed. Its lost a lot of weight and its been a little over 9 weeks, the cage at the moment is on 30 degrees the other snake in the cage is eating properly is there anything l can do coz im really worried that it might die.Thanks

thats just the other one the big one is eating 2* fuzzys

i was just thinking, before you feed the other one a fuzzy try offering the one that wont eat first. if it takes it great, if it doesn't then thats fine cos u won't have lost any food. just thought it was strange thats all cos mine are a few months younger then yours and they haven't seen a pinkie for god knows how long.

everyone has different ways of feeding though, i personally just like to get them on to better things then pinkies asap

redline my spotted went off food for 5 months but she is way older then yours i just got her feeding again. try a hopper that might trigger him/her to eat. i notice that with my diamond i just got her switched from live to dead and i figured out she would take a dead medium adult but anything smaller she won't take. maybe a bigger meal might make him/her take it if it won't take the dead or f/t you could try live if you wanted too. you could also raise the temps too 33 to 34 degrees celsicus that also might make him/her too eat.

but i think my snake is too small for a hopper

You'd be quite amazed what they can fit down there guts when they are hungry.

you would be amazed what a snake can eat my diamond is only 2ft and already eatting medium adults my spotted is 2ft 2inches and she eats small mice. try a mouse that has there eyes opened and walking around some pythons like movement.

how big is your cage?if i got a snake that isnt eating i put them in a small cage with live food. the movement seems to help and with the cage being so small the snake cant just go and hide in the corner.

ok i will give that a go go too thanks. Anyone no a realy good vet for my snakes in melbourne thanks

no good still hast eated.Its lost a lot of weight what can i do plz i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back