Now i'm crying

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryony

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
2 of my :( spiderlings have now :( passed over to a better life :( where birds-a-plenty and is human free :(

MY 2 BABBIES ARE DEAD :cry:
The other 3 are fine but its still sad they were going to grow up to be big cuddely spiders.

they didn't even get a chance to eat a bird
(bird eating spiders)

What's the scientific name on those? Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm a tarantula keeper. I know there are no Tarantuals in Australia but I'm very interested.

Bryony,
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Unfortunately that's life for a spider, it's why they have so many, not many survive to adulthood, probably nothing you done wrong.

Good luck with the remaining.

well australia have 4 types of tarantulas
selenocosmia crassipes
selenocosmia stirlingi
selentypus plumipes
phlogiellus species

my ones are the Selenocosmia crassipes they are related to the barking spider of South America.

My mistake, I didn't think there were any in Australia. They're not related then to T. blondi (the Goliath Birdeater)?

what sort of tarantulas do you have kevyn? any pics?

kevyn said:
I know there are no Tarantuals in Australia but I'm very interested.

That's where you are wrong. They are indeed theraphosids. Obviously not the same as the ones you are familiar with. The most popular sold here in Australia are from the genus Selenocosmia. The S.plumipes being probably the biggest in this country.

Greg.

Right now we've got a Costa Rican Zebra, Chillian Rose Hair and a Greater Horned Baboon. We'll have some Pink Toes soon and an Usumbara Red Baboon. We're hoping to add a T. blondi soon and some ornimentals. Just check my gallery for pics.

Thanks for the info Farkurnell!

oops i'm wrong. There are actually 9 types of tarantulas in Australia . The proper name for our tarantulas, are theraphosids, and are old world species, so different from the tarantulas that are in Brittain and US. So, theraphosids are there proper name, but of course are more commonly called tarantulas, as they are from that family. Another name (inaccurate) are bird-eating spiders. The 4 species that i mentioned, are the types most commonly kept as pets.

(thanx nome) :wink:

kevin, do you get red knee's over there? they look awesome and are suppose to be very easy going, except for hair kicking.

I have hundreds of redbacks here.
I friend of mine actually keeps some :S

i don't know i went to the tank and had a look theye didn't look right so i opened the tank.....nothing so i thought they where moulting but they looked shriveled and legs were all bunched up

i lost my babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back