Now this is a big spider!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake the Snake

Reaction score
G'day everyone,

I was coming home from a xmas party last night and as we approached our drive way there was a beautiful woma python on the road, I got to have a quick look at him before he went down the storm water drain, then as I get to my front door there is the biggest spider I have seen for some time to greet me.:shock:

Have a look at the photo and tell me what you think it is.

Regards,

Jake the Snake

Attachments

• PC160003.jpg
    PC160003.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 285
well.... its big.... and a spider....
lol i would have had a heart attack if that thing appeared. no clue as to what it is though.
: )

awsome.. i hanvn't heard of many people seeing wild womas before.. and that is a bird eaing spider.. probs better NOT to touch it lol.. i learnt that the hard way with a huntsman :)

Big male Tarrantula out looking for girls.
Has your wet season started yet? We often see them once the wet hits. Not that big though.

possibly a phlogius sp. Definatly a male. if you can catch it please let me know. i know someone who would be very keen on it.

eww, my doorstep would need more than sweeping if i found that thing sitting there!!

i'd be more impressed with pics of the wild woma too! :)

Step on it. I'm sorry, I sound as bad as the ppl that say "good snakes are dead snakes" but I am not a spider person. They freak me out, I will never get use to them. Would love to see the woma though.

Woah that thing is a beauty. Steve Nunn would ID it very well. Try sending the photo to him?

Woah that thing is a beauty. Steve Nunn would ID it very well. Try sending the photo to him?

somehow i dont think he will id it. I think this is the undescribed NT selenotholus he is trying to get

LOL...everyone is the expert taxonomist.

I'll reiterate....LOOKS like stirlingi, whateva the genera has been changed to by the cladists. Sister clade...sister species...put it under the microscope, study at least 100 individuals, run some electrophoretic and DNA tests and then create your own species base on your own subjective analysis. It's a Theraphosid, that much I'm sure of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back