NSW licensing question re: home business

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyror

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking at beginning a small home based business. However, i have a problem, in that one of the terms of our license is that we cannot hold any fauna on a commercial premises, or on any premises where a commercial business is run.

If i operate from home, does that then classify as a commercial premises?

Are there any people out there who run home based businesses in NSW, who also keep reptiles in their home?

Any insight would be muchly appreciated.

(For the record: I have emailed NPWS about this a few days ago, but as yet have not received a reply. I will be waiting on their final word before proceeding with anything)

Ben.

Ben,
I'd say you'll have no problems with actually housing the animals at home and running your business from there as well...but DEC may stipulate that the animals not be housed in any rooms where clients or customers of the business will be able to view them...I think it goes on that whole "public display" thing.

If I were you I wouldn't be waiting to hear back from an email to DEC...they're much more efficient on the phones...9585 6537.

Simon Archibald

Cheers Simon, I'll be on the phone this arvo if i havn't heard from them by then.

HI Ben
there are a few business that run from home that has reptiles at them as long as the reptiles are not part of you busines or on display its not a problem but just ring Jeff Hardy for peace of mind
Mick

Hi Ben,

I am an accountant so hopefully I know what I am saying here. Your house is not a commercial premises. In fact, it is not even a place of business. Your merely do some work there. If is is a place of business then it becomes subject to capital gains tax. Not a pretty thought. So keep them there and enjoy them mate.

Peter

hi
how did you go did you give Jeff a call it would be good to hear what he said for others thinking of doing this
Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back