NSW Sellers need to advertise their Licence Number

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Jason points out it would be fine if NSW had a system that ensures cross referencing. (for example last year DECCS contacted me about an entry in some elses return to know that had been supplied, even though I'd made my return. I was helping them keep thier books straight!).
The reality is that the reptile book returns at the end of the year are 'out sourced' for data entry with very little cross referencing. Basically the licencing department of NSW DECCS is poorly resourced and cannot cope with the current number of licencees. It has been requested on many occasions for an online system similar to the paper movement advice in other states that would help ensure the system is kosher.

how do they get species recordssheet. i thought they cross checked everybody or is that advanced lincences only???

re NSW

Arrr Spongebob old mate,i PMSL when i saw your for sale add,you are right though with the fact that DECC are poorly resoursed,they dont have enough workers in the office cause the department is too lousy to pay them with all the moola coming in.The money from reptile licensing is obviously used for other things,maybe in other departments.The way i look on it is well if they want to see a license number ile do it,cant see the problem with it,but ime pretty damd dopey anyway :)

In fact, it also does the reverse, If I was selling a rare species of lizard, that say only 3 people have on Lic in NSW ( it may be rare or as often is the case, common but rare on paper) and put my Lic no up with the add, then Joe Blow looks the info up on the net and can catch some for his own, and write in his books that I sold them to him. It happens often already and there doesn't seem to be much cross referencing from the authorities, If we put our Lic details on adds it will increase dramatically, though maybe this will create such a stir it will cause some action? Still, I don't won't to be part of that stir if possible.

No it doesnt, unless your typing your name and address into your for sale add with your permit number then there is stuff all anyone can do with your permit number!

get over it everyone, permit number is just that! a permit number! nothing more nothing less....

Far out, why dont we all just display our licence numbers in our signatures........... Sharing is caring ;)

NSW cross reference very little. People think that when the new book is sent out this means their old book is been checked out, when in fact it's just mailed because you sent a book in......
I agree it's only a number. However in a system fraught with inaccuracies and illegalities it is a worry to the legit. I'd be happy to supply my number and broadcast it to all if I had more faith in the system. Those in SA presumably do.

Actually, it can be likened to this.....

RTA now announced, everyone who wishes to sell their vehicle, must now supply their drivers licence with every advertisement.

How many people would jump up and down if they had to do that?
With the way things are these days, its a shame that we all feel the need to be so secretive, long gone are the days of unlocked cars and open windows, bring on the security alarms and bars/shutters on windows! :rolleyes:

Actually, it can be likened to this.....

RTA now announced, everyone who wishes to sell their vehicle, must now supply their drivers licence with every advertisement.

How many people would jump up and down if they had to do that?
With the way things are these days, its a shame that we all feel the need to be so secretive, long gone are the days of unlocked cars and open windows, bring on the security alarms and bars/shutters on windows! :rolleyes:

I'm more than happy for that to occur, and for my photo to be included. It's computer cross referenced

Enjoyed your advert Bob, but i must say why pay when we can obviously get them for free from now on. Its complete BS!!!

I can't for the life of me understand how ignorant some people are with regards to some of the logical points put forth by say Spongebob and JasonL. I dont expect those interstate to really get the point since they are operating under a different system.

They are creating more problems than they are fixing, if they are in fact fixing anything at all.

I'd be all for some form of photo identification in conjunction with the number supplied but otherwise its a pointless task that will only result in increase fraudulent activity.

Next thing you know we'll have to publicly advertise what our collection entails and state how long we've been in the hobby......

or maybe go one better and state our address.

Who knows, with the way the DEC is operating these days its clear that they dont have an appreciation for keepers.

re NSW

Dear Twiggy,If some person has your license number,big deal,even if they had your address so what,you havent written the cretons in your DECC and that would be their tuff tittys not yours.The problem in reality is multiple people using one license or printing out their own license on their computers,even white out the old dates and printing over,like there is no photo,is jimmy brown a soul singer or brickys labourer who knows.:lol:

Yeah but Zulu, how often do you hear of these cases being caught by the DEC? What happens to them if and when that occurs? Absolutely nothing except for a few hundred dollar fine, of which they have probably well covered in their illegal trading operations. The DEC hasn't the time nor resources to deal with these situations and that has come directly from their department. They are creating far more serious problems than what they would be rectifying....... so why not just leave things as is!!

I do agree with your other point thought on the vulnerability to "create" reknewed licenses though.

It just wont work without photo identification i think......but why should we have to publicise that information on for sale/wanted advertisements anyways.....after all the relevant parties exchange details for recording as is during the course of trading.

I say leave it be.

NPWS make me laugh, it's just some silly little rule that they will never follow through with, i'm not advertising my license number with sales.
It's just like how they want everyone to exchange addresses with sales, i have never done that. NPWS has all my details, why do they need it displayed everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back