Odd Lizard Behaviour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon-Drew

Reaction score
We house 2 Bearded Dragons together 1 male, 1 female. In the last week the female has become very snappy. She will have a go at anything that come in to the cage. fingers, jumper, anything at all. This time last year the same thing happened and then about a 1-2 months later they mated for the first time ever, evan thought they had been housed together for about 4-5 years.

I have seperated them for the moment to see if she clams down, we also do not want them to bread again as we do not have the time to follow through and look after the babies.

Is this a normal behaviour leading in to the breading season? Has any one else seen this in a beardered dragon?

I'd say seperating is a good idea, I keep females together not make and female, it might be stressing her out...

I have not seen any normal mating behavior like head bobbing or waving yet. They are both normally very placid so it is strange to just start up like it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back