"off the books"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This is an email I got today:

Interested in male Bearded dragon I'm in *********** would you consider selling off the books? regards,

Do many other people get inquiries like that? I've had a few people respond to beardies 4 sale without licences over the years - gives me the irrites :evil:
I mean a licence is only $40ish and once they have it they probably won't renew it anyway, so whats the point?

Agree with you mate. Why would you bother. While sell an animal thats legally available and make it a euthanaisia job if the guy gets caught.

It's never happened to me, but I've heard of people from the ACT trying to get them off licence as they don't need a licence for them there.

I've heard a little rumour that here in Vic beardies will no longer need to be on licence. Apparantly the hobby has gotten so big down here that the DSE can no longer keep up with the paperwork involved. Hence all the people with one or two beardies on licence may no longer have to renew, which in turn will save the DSE alot of time???

Anyway, just a rumour!! has anyone else heard anything along these lines??

Cheers Rossco.

Haven't heard that, but it makes a lot of sense especially with more than half of all licenced keepers in Vic not handing in returns (these are probably people with 1 or 2 pets)

How do you know that it is not a trap?
Could be someone working with National Parks (or whatever the name in the different states)!
That is food for thought?

How do you know that it is not a trap?
I didn't sell to the person anyway and never have or never will sell to unlicenced people so traps don't worry me one bit, actually I think thats a good idea for the authorities to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back