Off topic,not herp related but please help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mystic_herps

Reaction score
Guys I need help ASAP.

I have just removed the side mouldings off my car doors because the car is being prepped for a respray.Anyway there is still alot of double sided tape and sikaflex left on the doors (heaps sticky **** that I cant remove).Anyone got any suggestion to remove this stuff? (sikaflex). I need answers pretty much ASAP as I need to remove this gunk before I can rub back the doors...

Eucalyptus oil is magical with the removal of sticky things but just make sure you don't just leave it on the surface of your car. Really moisten what you want removed with the oil and then give a scrub with a scourer(kitchen kind). Might work but if it doesn't, at least your sinuses will be clear. :)
Rina

Ditto everything Rina said.
Eucalyptus oil works a treat. :)

product called sugar soap works really well, its abrasive liquid used for prepping walls prior to painting. :wink:

Thanks guys.
I should mention that this stuff drys like rubber.
It is similar to the black sealing stuff they use on windscreens...

Maybe be really careful with a razor blade ,scraping with the blade almost parralell to the paint work? :? I think persistance with the sugar soap will work though, ive use it myself, good stuff. :wink:

Yea the best solution I can think of so far is using a blade to get it as low as possible then try scrubbing it with either product mentioned.Dosnt matter about minor scratches etc as they will be rubbed out before painting...

Thinners....available at any leading panel shop. Cheap if you take your own tin (with lid) and you need very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back