offered Exotics on APS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,

it would seem people are using the recent 'if you could own an exotic, what would it be?' thread as a means of finding interested buyers for exotics.

I've been Pm'd a few times by someone who is offering my chosen exotic interests...

Mods.. jump them?

you have access to their personal details, pass them off to the authorities for illegal buisness.. etc. etc.

im sure some others have had Pm's aswell?

thats so upsetting that people feel the need to smuggle in and deal out illegal animals. yeah, some exotics are absolutely STUNNING to look at. but the effect they have on our wildlife here is devastating. i wish people would understand the reasons for the laws we have and just obey them. :evil: EVIL PEOPLE WANTING TO KILL OUR CUTE NATIVES!!!!

but seriously, if anyone has any ball python morphs..... ;) KIDDING!

Just ignore them. If you tell them you don't want their business that is that. And if they push it further on, report them for harrasment.

thats so upsetting that people feel the need to smuggle in and deal out illegal animals. yeah, some exotics are absolutely STUNNING to look at. but the effect they have on our wildlife here is devastating. i wish people would understand the reasons for the laws we have and just obey them. :evil: EVIL PEOPLE WANTING TO KILL OUR CUTE NATIVES!!!!

but seriously, if anyone has any ball python morphs..... ;) KIDDING!

Unfortunately majority of illegal animals offered are readily available and bred here, although they were smuggled at one stage, you would be surprised how many people have breeding pairs of corns, balls, red tails, sliders etc.

As far as using their details given to APS to authorities, if they have been cunning enough to breed and deal in illegal reptiles and not get caught thus far, i dare say they would have been smart enough not to give their real ID also!

Lol... All I can say is that the REAL numbers of exotics that are in Australia would scare us all. If you watch that TV show, Customs get them in every week- some they catch and some they don't. The caught ones get killed... and the others... well sometimes people get caught & the snakes get killed and others breed.

I was recently offered to breeding Bredlis... and the enclosure for $500... But "you can't tell anyone where you got them"... I declined and some other poor bugger has got bush-caught snakes in his collection. I don't think it is worth the risk!!

But... sigh.... After having another look... I really hope that Orange Ghost Ball pythons become legal... I could buy 2 from the states for $500!!!

while ever people ask about ball, corn, boa and the likes it give these people a market to sell their illegals. its very simple. take a stand and dont buy them, no matter how nice they look or how cheap they are. think of why they are illegal, what would happen to our native snakes if these illegals escaped?

OK, pm the name to every 1 you can...

WIll

Wouldnt suggest doing so. Exotic keepers prowl on here for a reason. Because alot of members here would/would like to own exotics. By spreading the advertisers name wouldnt you then be advertising on their behalf, thus ultimately assisting them?

And what will that achieve? As some one has already said- if they have gotten them into Australia and are breeding them, chances are their ID on here will be fake.

Willia, I remember when I was 12 and I thought I could save and change things, but it doesn't work like that... And I should know... I had someone poison my partner's dog (which was a gift from me)... I had to resort to dishonest behaviours to get the poisoner to admit what they had done. :cry::cry: And I had trusted that person with a lot of things.

Unfortunately majority of illegal animals offered are readily available and bred here, although they were smuggled at one stage, you would be surprised how many people have breeding pairs of corns, balls, red tails, sliders etc.

As far as using their details given to APS to authorities, if they have been cunning enough to breed and deal in illegal reptiles and not get caught thus far, i dare say they would have been smart enough not to give their real ID also!

Nothing smart or cunning about keeping and breeding exotics

think of why they are illegal, what would happen to our native snakes if these illegals escaped?

Absolutely no worse than if any native captive snake escaped into bush outside it's natural distribution. Probably less damage if anything.

Nothing smart or cunning about keeping and breeding exotics

True, nothing smart, but they are very cunning!
Pretty ballsy to be offering them to strangers too!
I have been offered exotics in the past, but when you weigh up the pros and cons, the cons win hands down
If you have been genuinely offered exotics, and you want to do something about it, when numbers are given etc, pass them on to DEC or Greebo has offered his assistance. Apart from that, i wouldn't want to get too involved or give any of my info to with people dealing in exotics....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back