Old farts only

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aliveandkicking

Reaction score
In regards to the old farts page............Just an observation, not a critisisim!!!!!:rolleyes:

You need to be a member for two years to be entilted to post as it 'proof' you have knowledge of the hobby.

All this proves is that the current members who are eligable to post in there found this forum more than two years ago.

I found this forum a few months back but I have been keeping reptiles for over 20 years. I'm certainly not as experienced as some others and my collection certainally isn't as vast as some............... but I'm sure not green.

By the logic shown in the access requirements to the Old Farts page it almost promotes the "Newbies don't know their **** from thier elbow" attitude I've come across reading through old threads. I understand that there is no real way of pre-determining who knows what etc etc but maybe a little forethough on the way certain things are phrased wouldn't go astray.

I have a pretty thick skin (bit like a rhino) but I do find it a little irritating when considered innept due to my 'lacking' membership time. It wouldn't surprise me if a few others feel the same.

Cheers:lol: my whinge is over:rolleyes:

lmao...:lol:. didnt you work it out.... ITS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW........... BUT WHO.....................................;)

In regards to the old farts page............Just an observation, not a critisisim!!!!!:rolleyes:

You need to be a member for two years to be entilted to post as it 'proof' you have knowledge of the hobby.

All this proves is that the current members who are eligable to post in there found this forum more than two years ago.

I found this forum a few months back but I have been keeping reptiles for over 20 years. I'm certainly not as experienced as some others and my collection certainally isn't as vast as some............... but I'm sure not green.

By the logic shown in the access requirements to the Old Farts page it almost promotes the "Newbies don't know their **** from thier elbow" attitude I've come across reading through old threads. I understand that there is no real way of pre-determining who knows what etc etc but maybe a little forethough on the way certain things are phrased wouldn't go astray.

I have a pretty thick skin (bit like a rhino) but I do find it a little irritating when considered innept due to my 'lacking' membership time. It wouldn't surprise me if a few others feel the same.

Cheers:lol: my whinge is over:rolleyes:
Yeh love getting advice from 10 year olds lol.But as long as your a member for more than 2 years its all good hey.

I imagine its not only knowledge of reptiles that counts, but also a knowledge of this forum and the way it operates.

On reading the alternate thread "in veterans corner with the same title" I noticed that one of the sound reasonings given is that a knowledge of how the forum operates is really a prerequisite.

This would, I presume, extend to "hijacking threads". One of the best examples of this can be seen in the Veterans Corner thread "oldfarts forum" where the vets busy contributing to the body of knowledge etc. have quite happily gone some distance from the original thread into discussing the merits of various incubators and then jumped back again to the original thread.

Far be it for me to question the credentials of "veterans" but if you are going to make rules, perhaps they should be abided by? :)

Ciao for now

To make it a truely exclusive club it should be 2 years infraction free to get in....

well I KNOW earthling that I will look simply stunning in my POOBAHH hat and paddle wacker stick ..when I can venture into old fart section

well I KNOW earthling that I will look simply stunning in my POOBAHH hat and paddle wacker stick ..when I can venture into old fart section

Yes...it is something to make this life worthwhile I must admit.....Ahhhhhhhh...to be the priveleged few.......
detective.gif

knee7rm.gif

who cares if you cant write in it. you can still read it. at what point is it SO dire for you to pass a comment? just PM one of the 'oldies' if you want to contribute so hard. i would have thought that we were all quite used to not being in the 'cool gang.'

lol my partner has been a member for years... he knows less about the site then i do :p but i couldnt care less about that section seems like one of the most boring sections of the site lol!

who cares if you cant write in it. you can still read it. at what point is it SO dire for you to pass a comment? just PM one of the 'oldies' if you want to contribute so hard. i would have thought that we were all quite used to not being in the 'cool gang.'

lol...yea, owning reptiles never really helped me get into the popular group :p
but anyway...i agree, u dont have to post in every forum...just read it and if u are so desperate to say something, PM someone or start ur own thread!!! :eek:

But on the other hand...even if you havent had that much experience with reptiles, it doesnt mean you dont know anything about them. The inexperienced people should still be able to have their input...

Oh man I wish I had been on here two years so that people I will never meet or know think a little bit more of my knowledge on reptiles....
My status on APS is number 1 priority in my life, and when I post pictures, I have to make sure to use google and name everything in their scientific names so it looks like I'm a real pro!:lol:

Last edited:
Oh man I wish I had been on here two years so that people I will never meet or know think a little bit more of my knowledge on reptiles....
My status on APS is number 1 priority in my life, and when I post pictures, I have to make sure to use google and name everything in their scientific names so it looks like I'm a real pro!:lol:

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back