Olive Bent Jaw - Advice Needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsotech

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was cleaning out my 5 month old Olive hatchling today and she struck at me (normal) but missed and got the water bowl (not normal) didnt think anything about it until i noticed her bottom jaw was slightly "bent" I have attached pictures.

Doesnt look too serious, but i need another opinion. Has this happened to anyone else before?

Is this something that will mend itself or should I bring it to a vet? At the moment a have settled of turning up the heat a bit and seeing how she is in a week, am i being complacent?

Thanks
Dan

Attachments

• DSC00846.JPG
    DSC00846.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 140
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 142
has yawned a few times, made a small difference, but hast totally re-aligned.

looks like she just got her mouth bent out of shape..
You would think it will re-align it self...

Give it time - it hopefully should re-align itself. I highly doubt that there is anything a vet could do for an injury like that anyway.

To me it looks like the bottom jaw bone has internaly punchered the flesh.
I would try to re-aline it, otherwise it may heal like that.

In saying that if it dose heal wonkie it wont hurt it.

Just a update, Emailed the (Very Helpful) person I bought the olive from who promptly replied and advised her lip was caughted on her teeth.

Grapped her, opened her mouth, sterilised one of my girlfriend bobby pins and unhooked the lip from her front teeth. Apart from ****ting all over me, she looks 100% better, still looks a little sore but will be monitoring her closely.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back