• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

olive hatchlings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wil

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi guys
im after an olive hatchling!
if anyone knows of someone or is expecting some of their own
give me a yell
also is it true that olive hatchlings are pretty psyco?
thanks wil

Haha!

My olive hatchling certainly fit that description! It should definitely get your adrenaline going, for sure!

He has mellowed out very nicely since those days, though!

//Todd

Couple weeks after getting him (January '06)
ash_olive2.sized.jpg

Couple weeks ago
marsalas_head.sized.jpg

He is beautiful! Gotta love the olives!!!

you might want to consider the bucket loads of feed an olive will consume over time. They are eating machines. How often do people argue over $300 verses $500 per head which is insignificant given feed and caging costs.

olives for sale

anyone know someone who breads olive's in syndey area

Not sure if you are interested, but southern Cross Reptiles in South Australia has a few male olive hatchies left for a reasonable price, I just bought mine $440 + $50 freight (they are still holding him to make sure his feeding is good as well as first shed) if you go to their website there is pictures of the parents there. I am excited, I cannot wait till mine comes home to Melbourne. I also am waiting for answer back about a female Darwin to go with my male, so will be breeding next season with them or maybe the season after that, just wait and see what weight they come to before coming to conclusions.

hi guys
im after an olive hatchling!
if anyone knows of someone or is expecting some of their own
give me a yell
also is it true that olive hatchlings are pretty psyco?
thanks wil

see quote before about Southern Cross reptiles.

And to answer your question?
Olives are one of the most placid/Docile pythons in Australia, with a few having food frenzies, which they think everything is food food food

........Again it is all up to the handler as well, neglect your snake and it will let you know it when you do get that urge to take it out of its enclosure to show it off, but a consistent handling(not over handling though) usually turns out a pretty good companion (all this information excludes the pyscho water pythons, and pain in the **** scrub pythons).

My Darwin, whom people say why a Darwin, they are snappy, has yet to bite me since the day I bought it, I saw it bite the seller, but once I got it home I settled it in for a week, and then slowly got to know my Darwin and let it get to know me, I never left its enclosure that second week with it in my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back